Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All

I've wanted a Mac for a long time now and I've known about Hackintosh for a while, but always preferred to get the real thing. I've decided to begin a Hackintosh build. I want to use my computer for stock trading, gaming, and music production. I want to dual boot macOS and Windows 10. I have some questions.

Does Everything work exactly the same as if I were to get a mac or are there certain features that can't be duplicated?

How common is it for hardware to lose support from apple?

I'll post more questions if I think of any.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me :)

Check out the tonymacx86's Buyer's Guide for your compatible component choices. I use the Apple Might Mouse and a Logitech 750 & 760 Mac Solar Keyboards.

To help us help you, what are your driving requirements or desire applications for a hackintosh?

Check out the tonymacx86's Buyer's Guide for your compatible component choices. I use the Apple Might Mouse and a Logitech 750 & 760 Mac Solar Keyboards.

To help us help you, what are your driving requirements or desire applications for a hackintosh?

I'm not sure what you mean by Driving requirements, but I'll most likely use Logic for music production. I'll probably use the Windows boot for gaming and stock trading. I'll use macOS for my day to day surfing, blogging, etc

Is that what you were asking about?

Gaming will be your "driving requirement" for selecting the appropriate components. I don't game, but I do audio recording using GarageBand (good enough for me) and the other uses you listed. Audio recording only needs the on-board graphics.

But, gamers usually go for a good motherboard to support a i7K processor for overclocking and a graphics card equivalent to several car payments. Since Nvidia has not yet (if ever) released drivers for their GT 1000 (Pascal) card series, I recommend you do some research as to appropriate Nvidia GTX 900 series graphics card for your gaming needs; the 980 and 980 Ti seems to fit that bill and can be purchased used on eBay at good prices. (Nvidia is still updating the drivers for the 900 series graphics cards.)

As for the rest of your components...are your recording interface(s) FireWire or USB? Mine are FireWire so take a look at MyHero build description (link in signature block) in which I list a capable FW PCIe card. Or my mATX Gene build if you don't need a lot of expansion.

Good Luck! Lots of choices out there. But, the Buyer's Guide can keep you from going astray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back