Graphics
none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys, i was looking to buy a a mac but damm tooooooo much $.......... and then someone told me about this hackintosh thing....

now my question is, is it worth it? yeah is cheaper but is it gonna run like a real mac?

i will like to use it for my studio... my range is 1000-1200. i would like to build a bad ass one though.

i will be running pro-tools 8 (maybe 9 soon), reason, waves bundle, ozone, and many other plugins.

i also have the krk's and m-audio midi controller.

my interface is the mbox 2 pro. and i have a baby bottle.

now my windows set up is good for my studio but i need something better and powerful. bc i do a lot of mixing in pro-tools and beat making in FL Studio.

i know Fl Studio is for windows only.. im planing on keeping my old set up and use the new one for vocal recording, mixing and mastering only.

would the firewire work by the way?

any ideas? thx and sorry if my writing is hard to understand.

for you're price range go on eBay, you can find a used mac pro for that much ....or if your like me build one yourself... but keep in mind.. its hard,if you don't know what your doing, But if you have a lot of time, a love tinkering you can be very successful.. if your interested search the sandy bridge option lga 1155 thats the new hardware cpu's and more bang for your buck..

have fun

If you can hang in there, over the next month when Mac OS X's Snow Leopard !0.6.8 is released, tonymacx86 will publish his recommended Sandy Bridge technology builds as he did for the pre Sandy Bridge technology. See my signature block for that link and others. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... d-lga.html

Last September, I choose to build tonymacx86 Budget Power Build 1 as my 1st venture into the PC Hackintosh experience after being a Mac user since the mid '80s. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/06/ ... te-pc.html (Note: most of these components have been discontinued.) It all went together without any problems. (See my build description in my sig blk.)

Coupled with the hardware components, the tonymacx86 installation guide and the dual boot guide made installing Windows 7 and Snow Leopard painless.

While it's not like buying a Mac with everything working out of the box, my system cost me ~$700 USD which included the case and the components inside as I had a display, keyboard, mouse and Snow Leopard Family Pack with iWorks and iLife family packs as well. My motherboard came with a Firewire 400 connector on the back panel and an onboard connection for a front panel interface. I also bought a FW800/400 PCI-e card which works out of the box (OOB).

Now, I'm a guitar player for me, myself and I. So, I don't need a lot of horsepower to use GarageBand to record my playing. You indicated that your recording requirements need a mid to high performing system. Last year's X58 motherboard with the i7-9xx CPU series is probably your best bet, such has the tonymacx86 CustomMac Pro http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html Again, some of these components are no longer available. Both NotShy"s and MacMan's X58 Hackintoshs.

Notshy's Guide: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465
MacMan's Guide: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6354&start=0

However, there are several successful Sandy Bridge series builds. I recommend you check out Gordo74's guide (last link in my sig blk).

Be advised that Apple only uses Sony and Pioneer optical drives. That's why in Tony's Recommend Builds, he recommends the Sony optical drive (7261S) at <$25 USD from Newegg. Other brands of optical drives have shown to be the cause of installation problems and improper sleep/wake-up. Amazon || Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back