Contribute
Register

New to OSX on a PC, ProBook annoyingly slow after Yosemite install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the ioreg

Please and thank you!

Attachments

• reg runs good till after sleep.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
Sorry, I don't intend to hijack your thread, but to help deduce the problem. But this looks exactly like the issue I'm facing. FYI.

Hi RehabMan,

I didn't want to start another thread because I thought my problem could be posted in here.
I have had Yosemite installed for 6 months on my 4530s, I must say it has never been lighting fast but very useable. Lately I have noticed a slight degradation in performance. The beachball has become very frequent, there is a 2 sec delay when I open a folder.
Even recently I had problems opening Textedit or Preview (or they wouldn't quit).
I've also had sudden system restarts, restart after sleep...
I'm sure there is a lot going on...
So I have followed your instructions and here are the files, if you could have a look at it that would be much appreciated :)

Mobo HP Probook 4530s (clover) os 10.10.3
CPU i5 2430M 2.4Ghz
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000
4 Gb Ram

Attachments

• 4530s.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
  • RehabMan.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 73
Hi RehabMan,

I didn't want to start another thread because I thought my problem could be posted in here.
I have had Yosemite installed for 6 months on my 4530s, I must say it has never been lighting fast but very useable. Lately I have noticed a slight degradation in performance. The beachball has become very frequent, there is a 2 sec delay when I open a folder.
Even recently I had problems opening Textedit or Preview (or they wouldn't quit).
I've also had sudden system restarts, restart after sleep...
I'm sure there is a lot going on...
So I have followed your instructions and here are the files, if you could have a look at it that would be much appreciated :)

Mobo HP Probook 4530s (clover) os 10.10.3
CPU i5 2430M 2.4Ghz
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000
4 Gb Ram

Lots of crapware installed here...

com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower
com.globaldelight.driver.BoomDevice
com.Perfect.Driver.SystemAudioRecorder
com.wavtap.driver.WavTap
net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio

Thanks RehabMan for looking into it.
Indeed yes there's a bit of cleaning up to do.
So, I have taken the incriminated items off, I have also uninstalled some start-up items that could have caused sluggish performances... So far I haven't noticed any great improvement, but let's see how it goes after a few more hours...
I guess apart from that you haven't noticed any major anomalies?

Thanks RehabMan for looking into it.
Indeed yes there's a bit of cleaning up to do.
So, I have taken the incriminated items off, I have also uninstalled some start-up items that could have caused sluggish performances... So far I haven't noticed any great improvement, but let's see how it goes after a few more hours...
I guess apart from that you haven't noticed any major anomalies?

Well... if you want me to check, post updated files.

But it is clear from your ioreg that you used a very old version of the ProBook Installer. For example, it does not use GenericUSBXHCI.kext anymore.

Thank you so much for your help, here are the updated files

I think I used the Probook Clover installer that was current then (maybe I would say around April 2015).

(I just checked mine was dated from May 2015)

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 4530sII.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 108
Thank you so much for your help, here are the updated files

I think I used the Probook Clover installer that was current then (maybe I would say around April 2015).

(I just checked mine was dated from May 2015)

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Ok hope I did it properly.
I just realised I had to go into debug mode in Disk Utility to access my EFI partition.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 4530sIII.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 112
  • CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 80
  • terminal.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back