Contribute
Register

New to Hackintosh,wanna fire off some questions(Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem keeping the system ASRock build running was, in hindsight, always BIOS related. I wanted the improvements other BIOS version supposedly introduced for NVMe support and memory compatibility and the microcode upgrades for the CPU to address both compatibility reason and address CPU security.

My secondary system was seamless with one exception. It did not correctly identify the amount of memory available to the embedded HD530 video controller until I added the correct platform ID into the Devices section of clover.
Since I am going to be using the rx 570 it should be less of a challenge to make work than your secondary build, is that correct?

Personally I would get the Hackintosh working before you install the graphics card. Once you have fully configured operational Hackintosh (and backed it up) then you can install the graphics card. Then you can determine if you want to run the graphics card headless or otherwise.

Follow the steps in the Installation guide. You will need to add support for Emulated NVRAM and the kexts you need include latest versions of AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and NoVPAJpeg. The last assumes you are not offloading acceleration to the graphics card.

Once you booted installed the Mac OS software on the computer, you will then use Clover Configuration or similar tool to configure the machine type you want to emulate (mine happens t be 17,1), setup the serial number and at the same time add the Fake ID 0x191B8086 in IntelGFX field of the Devices tab in the Clover Configurator you will not have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back