Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H270 Gaming 3
CPU
Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics
MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card
Hi there- I am new to the world of custom computers, let alone CustoMacs, and I am looking to build my own system. My goal is to make a machine that Is comparable to apples mac pro (trashcan model), that can handle running Ableton Live 10, OBS, and Resolume Arena 5 simultaneously, with ease. I am accustomed to the macOS and currently have an UA Apollo twin duo (Thunderbolt) interface. I will need a compatible PCIe that will work for this.

I have a few friends that have more experience with building PCs then myself, I have taken some advice from them to curate this current draft of the parts list. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would love to get some feedback about the compatibility of my current parts list from this community before I take the plunge buying all of this hardware(with little to no experience with building a PC/Hackintosh).

(This list is missing the PCIe that I was recommended)

Complete parts list (with PCIe card for Thunderbolt 3)

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Samsung 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive &
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card
Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
ASUS Expansion Card for Z170 & X99 Motherboards ThunderboltEX 3

I am happy to provide more information if needed to help you help me!
Thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to see no one responded to this but wondered if you had success with the build? I'm trying to build something similar and curious if you had any issues specifically with the GPU and AIO cooler. Hope it all worked out, looks like a great PC!

I'm sorry to see no one responded to this but wondered if you had success with the build? I'm trying to build something similar and curious if you had any issues specifically with the GPU and AIO cooler. Hope it all worked out, looks like a great PC!
This machine has been up and running for me with no issues for about 2 months now, knock on wood! This post was initially made before going through some trial and error, ultimately I ended up changing the motherboard to the GA H270 gaming 3, not the h270m mentioned in this post. As far as the GPU and AIO cooler, they were not a that difficult to install, mind you I did spend a good month 1/2 trying to get this machine running to my liking. this post helped me at some point getting the GPU working, I bookmarked it so hopefully it can help you if you run into this sort of issue. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6. Good luck with your build!

That's great to hear! I have a feeling it will take me about over a month to get it to my liking as well. Thank you for the link and some confirmation this isn't a fools errand. Hope it continues to work that well for you so that you can forget it's a "hackintosh" because you're just working on a really nice Mac. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back