Contribute
Register

New to building a custom computer and looking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I currently own a Macbook Pro but I am wanting to build a Desktop computer. I am wanting to have the ability to boot either OSX for Work or Windows for Gaming.

I am a complete NOOB with the actual build of computers. I have Networking knowledge but nothing when it comes to computer hardware. So I am needing baby steps and simple explanations. I have many friends that have built their own computer so I can go to them for the actual building, but what I am wanting help from you guys, is if what I am wanting, can be booted with Windows and OSX.

I am wanting to make a "Black and Gold" build. I have seen a couple and they look fantastic. I have already looked through the Buyers Guide and found the Case.

I have found some Gold Corsair Vengeance Ram and I am curious if that would work.

I do know that there is a Black on Gold Motherboard but the problem is choosing which one. If you guys could give me some guide on which MB I should go for with that Ram and what I should be looking for in a Motherboard, that would be awesome!

Fans, cooling, and other components dont need to be "Gold". I am sure you guys understand what I am looking for and ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

I am sorry for being such a noob. If I get any more information from others, I will be sure to clean up this post and be more specific. Thanks! :)

Case: Bitfenix Black and Gold

MB: ASUS Z97-PRO (something like it)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance

I like the look of the Z97X-UD3H-BK
It's mostly just gold lettering on the heatsinks so it's
not too overdone like the regular "non" BK version.

1583910881_1435256450_o.jpg

Then select the Asus Model board from the Buyer's Guide that will do
everything you want as well as look good to you. If you'll do any over
clocking get one of the Z97 models. If you're not on an unlimited budget
then the Asus Z97-A is a very solid choice.

Z97-A at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back