New thunderbolt trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare
CPU
Graphics
Int
With my system working fine for over a year, I've suddenly begun experiencing thunderbolt issues. First it appeared as my Apple Thunderbolt display flickering and going offline and sometimes the whole system would freeze. Trying a different monitor didn't help. I ended up connecting the new monitor via HDMI and the flickering stopped but the problem manifests itself now as all my thunderbolt devices going offline periodically. Sometimes it will function fine all day, and other times it will last for only 5 minutes multiple times. Rebooting fixes the problem but its anybody's guess as to how long it will say up. I have the apple thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter, owens corning fiberglass TB cable going into a UAD Apollo, into a UAD Satellite, into an OWC TB2 hub (into which my keyboard and mouse are connected). As I said all of this was working fine for a year and suddenly quit after no hardware or OSX/Clover changes. I'm running 10.12.4. GA-Z170X-Designare mobo, 6700 CPU, onboard Intel 530 gfx. Clover file attached. I have a samsung 850 m2 drive, which works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 172
I felt like there was a correlation between how hot the room got and the frequency of thunderbolt going online but that's not something I've been able to empirically verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back