Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
New SMBIOS are available 18.1, 18.2 and 18.3 can we use it now? I just tested 18.2 with my i5 7600 but when restarting it shows a prohibited screen. any help?

Also I can see that the new ig-platform-id is available for Kabylake can I use it?

OS Ver: 10.12.5
Clover : 2.4k r4114

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
New SMBIOS are available 18.1, 18.2 and 18.3 can we use it now? I just tested 18.2 with my i5 7600 but when restarting it shows a prohibited screen. any help?

Also I can see that the new ig-platform-id is available for Kabylake can I use it?

OS Ver: 10.12.5
Clover : 2.4k r4114

No native Kaby Lake support in 10.12.5.
It is coming in 10.12.6 and 10.13.

Ok got Sierra installed after trying a few guides for various Gigabyte 270 boards. Sound is working with Voodoo 2.8.8, the Killer E2500 is working with the E2200 kext, Bluetooth is working, WiFi unexpectedly not working, but I'm using a Linksys bridge for internet so that'll do for now. I don't really want to install a WiFi card because I'd rather use built in WiFi in windows. My only problem now is that my time machine restore must have installed the beta update profile for Sierra, so when I updated it I got 10.12.6, and I can't get Nvidia web drivers to work even though I got them installed and selectED in System Prefs.

UPDATE: GOT IT! Just needed EmuVariableEfi.kext. Now I just need to get the 2nd display working.

And after switching display ports on my card, both monitors are working. Took a couple reboots to get full resolution on the 2nd monitor for some reason, but hey, it's good now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.00.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.00.22 AM.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Ok got Sierra installed after trying a few guides for various Gigabyte 270 boards. Sound is working with Voodoo 2.8.8, the Killer E2500 is working with the E2200 kext, bluetooth is working, wifi expectedly not working, but I'm using a Linksys bridge for internet so that'll do for now. I don't really want to install a wifi card because I'd rather use built in wifi in windows. My only problem now is that my time machine restore must have installed the beta update profile for Sierra, so when I updated it I got 10.12.6, and I can't get Nvidia web drivers to work.

UPDATE: GOT IT! Just needed EmuVariableEfi.kext. Now I just need to get the 2nd display working.

And after switching display ports on my card, both monitors are working. Took a couple reboots to get full resolution on the 2nd monitor for some reason, but hey, it's good now.

HI: Could you please post your config.plist and list of kexts that you used? I have an almost similar system but I can't even get to the welcome screen from the USB installer.

HI: Could you please post your config.plist and list of kexts that you used? I have an almost similar system but I can't even get to the welcome screen from the USB installer.
Sure thing.

I included the EFI from my installer USB and the one from my post install. Since I'm on 10.12.6 I changed my SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and removed the Skylake fake ID.

Attachments

• EFI Installer.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 143
  • EFI Post.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 155
Sure thing.

I included the EFI from my installer USB and the one from my post install. Since I'm on 10.12.6 I changed my SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and removed the Skylake fake ID.

Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly on the first attempt. I think my mistake was to put the kexts in the Other folder instead of the 10.12 folder.

Success too -

With a
Gigabyte GA-GZ70x-UD5
i7 7700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 Gb
Samsung evo850 500Gb
and a very old (because it was still lying around)
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+

iMessage, audio (apple HDA), sleep, shutdown and thunderbolt (startech + apple adapter) are working -
will test thunderbolt with an apogee symphony 2 next month

Attachments

• front_back.jpg
    front_back.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 532
  • Geekbench Score.png
    Geekbench Score.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 519
  • guts.jpeg
    guts.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Case mod is very clean.

Success too -

With a
Gigabyte GA-GZ70x-UD5
i7 7700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 Gb
Samsung evo850 500Gb
and a very old (because it was still lying around)
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+

iMessage, audio (apple HDA), sleep, shutdown and thunderbolt (startech + apple adapter) are working -
will test thunderbolt with an apogee symphony 2 next month

Hello,
Real new here, hopeful to get this rig up n running!:

Presently stuck at black apple screen and beginning of the progress bar:

Hardware:
MB: Asus Prime Z270 A
CPU: Intel I7 7700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Gb

Set Bios as per instructions
(couldn't find where to Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled)

in Clover options:
I set the FakeCPU=0x0506E3

Here is my photo of where it stops.
Would be grateful to be able to go to next step!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back