Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generate SSDT.aml with ssdtPRgen.sh.
There are guides if you search for them...
the only guide i found was only for laptop, is it applicable for Desktop too?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

Last edited:
There are desktop guides too, but that guide is not specific to laptops...

Sleep resolved.

what about the GPU fans? they are not working. ):

as well as the temperature stats.

Sleep resolved.

what about the GPU fans? they are not working. ):

as well as the temperature stats.

I have no Nvidia hardware experience.
You probably need an update to FakeSMC (FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext).
Seems off-topic here...

@aka80 you realize you only reply when you want people to help you out, but if you check your alerts, i messaged you few weeks ago asking for the settings you have cause i have the similiar built as you but with other better hardwares you didn't seem to reply although you did log in. i think you need to be fair to the community who ask for questions and contribute.

you even mentioned that you would create a post with regards to your buiild but never did so.

just saying..

use Clean My Mac app and to resolve your trash can, i don't have that issue on my side though, everything is perfect except the sleep.

Hoo my God excuse me man, I did not see your message, I never consult my notifications, otherwise I would have answered you without any problem. Tell me if you still have the problem and I will send you all my config and the necessary files.

I don't have problem with sleep, it work find.
Tests can be to install a fresh MacOs 10.12.4 with a usb keys containing the 10.12.4 like me I do not? If that's what I'm sending you my files and I give you the approach I followed.

Last edited:
I have no Nvidia hardware experience.
You probably need an update to FakeSMC (FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext).
Seems off-topic here...
When I use FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, it will stop to boot, other three sensor kexts work fine.

When I use FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, it will stop to boot, other three sensor kexts work fine.

Make sure it is the latest... and check the commit logs to see if anything has been added for Nvidia 1000-series (Pascal).
But you shouldn't expect GPU sensors in HwMonitor without proper support in the kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back