Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i think i understand what you mean, but am i able to change it through windows?

i can see my hackintosh m2 ssd drives as accessible now on windows but may where is the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml located in the Hackintosh ?

It is on your EFI partition.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Formula
CPU
i7 - 7700k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX1080 8GB OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It is on your EFI partition.
but are my current bios path reflecting the correct path for NVMe on my attached SSDT-NVMe-pcc.aml?

@RehabMan
cause i am unable to view nor edit in notepad+ , any application that can edit this in windows?

how am i able to access my EFI partition if i am inside windows?

am i able to?

Just need you to double confirm from this log screenshot if it has to do with nvme patch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Formula
CPU
i7 - 7700k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
UPDATE:

I managed to use diskpart and mount the hackintosh drive's EFI assigning to a letter as a drive.

i copied out the files and here is a screenshot of it, i opened it with mac's MaciASL.

i double checked it with the PATH on windows , its correct but it still can't boot.

@RehabMan

bios-name.png

location-path.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 01.14.24.png

Error upon booting with above patch that reference with windows device path correctly.

error messages:-

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Formula
CPU
i7 - 7700k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@RehabMan you there? i really need your help on this.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 9
CPU
i9 7900x
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti WB Waterforce x2
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I've been struggling with this for a couple of days but figured I'd ask some questions before continuing to beat my head against the wall:

With the release of Kaby Lake Macs, do we still need to spoof the CPU model?
Has anybody gotten macOS going on the Gigabyte Gaming 9? I though I saw somebody with it but now I can't find them.
Do I need to install with iGPU or will the 1080 ti at least give me video?
What's a good SMBIOS for my hardware? I'd assume iMac18,3, but assuming usually gets me in trouble.
I'm also assuming the built in WiFi/Bluetooth isn't going to work.

Other things: I've never used Clover before. Back in the day I used Chameleon. So this is my first new hack in forever. I'm a bit out of the loop.

I've tried UniBeast 7.1.1 for creating an install USB but it wouldn't get passed ++++++++++++++++. I then tried OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsAptioFix2Drv and HFSPlus.efi instead of VBoxHfs-64.efi, which got me further, but still ended in a panic. I'm sure I'm missing several easy things that need to be put into kexts and my config.plist to get it to work, but I can't find any board-specific instructions and I wasn't sure if instructions for the other boards like the Gaming 5, 7, or Ultra Gaming would work.

Any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hmm there was a reply last night that I replied to, but they're both gone now. Still can't get the installer to boot.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Formula
CPU
i7 - 7700k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Rehab,

It has been a few days. I was wondering if you could help me out with the errors. I had followed your instructions and checked the BIOS path and name. They do reference to one another.

I look forward to your kind reply on this issue.

Regards,
cesario

Motherboard
GA Z270 - HD3
CPU
I5 7500
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
System won't boot after install. I don't know what to do.

I think I've installed the OS succesfully. When the computer restarted itself I forgot to change the Fake CPUID (actually I don't know if I was supposed to do that again) and booted from the Sierra drive directly, that lead me to a black screen with the apple logo that stayed the same for almost 20 min (more or less). Since there wasn't a change, I decided to press the reboot button on the computer and boot from the Sierra drive again but this time changing the CPUID in Clover however I am stuck in the same black screen all over again.

Honestly, I don't know what to do and I will apreciate any help.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System won't boot after install. I don't know what to do.

I think I've installed the OS succesfully. When the computer restarted itself I forgot to change the Fake CPUID (actually I don't know if I was supposed to do that again) and booted from the Sierra drive directly, that lead me to a black screen with the apple logo that stayed the same for almost 20 min (more or less). Since there wasn't a change, I decided to press the reboot button on the computer and boot from the Sierra drive again but this time changing the CPUID in Clover however I am stuck in the same black screen all over again.

Honestly, I don't know what to do and I will apreciate any help.

10.12.5?
Forgot Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.