Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitor connected via HDMI?
Did you patch the framebuffer to change connector-type from DP <00 04 00 00> to HDMI <00 08 00 00>?

No, may I know how to apply the framebuffer patch?

No, may I know how to apply the framebuffer patch?

There are several guides if you search...
Since this is something you need to do for enabling HDMI audio, look at those guides.

Looks like all the new apple stuff has Kaby lake chips. I guess I'll hang on for a bit until I try to hack my new machine.

I noticed that all the new apple products have kaby lake chips. Does that mean there should be some sort of patch coming soon that should help us not have to do the fakecpu update anymore?

I noticed that all the new apple products have kaby lake chips. Does that mean there should be some sort of patch coming soon that should help us not have to do the fakecpu update anymore?
Probably more like a few backspace presses than a patch.

There are several guides if you search...
Since this is something you need to do for enabling HDMI audio, look at those guides.

Did enable HDMI audio but i still get 1920 x 1080 resolution with refresh rate 30Hz only. How do I enable to true 4k resolution with 60Hz? Now I feel my screen abit lag but with sharpness screen.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 5.29.00 PM.png

I think we can not update because it is related to 2017 iMac, so we need new iMac 18,1 system definition :)

Did enable HDMI audio but i still get 1920 x 1080 resolution with refresh rate 30Hz only. How do I enable to true 4k resolution with 60Hz? Now I feel my screen abit lag but with sharpness screen.

View attachment 259699

Press Option when you click on Scaled... may give you more options.
Also, no idea what you're actually doing with that screen shot...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back