- Jul 25, 2012
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- HD 4000+GT 710
- Mobile Phone
Looks like moderators deleted my last post (because it had an external link to a hackintosh guide I mentioned?).
Anyway neither booting with the BIOS changes nor using the hackintosh vanilla guide immediately worked out, so I’ll try a Unibeast install using it’s default configuration, then have another try at guesswork tweaking the config.plist and drivers via clover configurator.
Beyond that I don’t know what else to try. I haven’t found on this site a comprehensive guide to setting up the config.plist nor interpreting the verbose error messages. Mostly people refer to the clover zetam wiki page which Chrome says has an untrusted certificate and seems to no longer work (503 error).
Do you know of any similar builds that have a functioning config.plist or EFI folder I can try?
Anyway neither booting with the BIOS changes nor using the hackintosh vanilla guide immediately worked out
- Unless you do Verbose boot and take a Photograph of the problem screen and upload, I cannot even guess at what stage of booting from BIOS Boot Option Priorities list to Install Mojave Screen and beyond, you had encountered the problem and what could have been the most likely culprit.
- Since no one has written a comprehensive GUIDE on how to setup a config.plist for all the various Motherboards+CPU+Graphics + Storage Disks+ WiFi+ other devices people select at random from numerous manufacturers who alter the Firmware with their own unpublished codes, it is impossible to find one that suits the chosen hardware.
- Even the CLOVER documentation is vey poor and if questions are posted in their Forum very often you don't get any reliable answers.
- As folks find new ways by their own efforts, Apple starts changing their OSes to outpace any gains Hackintosh community makes!
- If you can consider config.plist as a 'cheatsheet' or "Quick Reference Table" Clover bootloader can access during boot that instructs it to upload devices with working kexts and special configurations in a sequential manner relying on the contents of CLOVER's Special Folders, you can appreciate why you should read and find out from the Motherboard Guides and Add-On Card's Manuals all you can find about the Chipsets involved in each of the Device Controllers like USB, SATA, NVMe, Ethernet, Audio, Graphics, WiFi to name the major ones.
- Once you know the Chipsets, you need to start Google Search for Mojave kexts that could help in the installation of those hardware.
- Fortunately a lot of researchers like RehabMan , toleda and others have published extensively guides and Download Buckets for the latest kexts for even the most current Versions of macOS.
- Many ACPI Patches and DSDT and SSDT files have been published by many folks and we have to search and find.
- Unfortunately, many who finally succeed after several trials , keep their success to themselves and don't share the methods or files in a well documented and easily useable manner in any Forums.
- In many Forums good and useful write-ups are not even 'pinned' for easy search and find method.
Keep trying with uploaded screen shots for help and someone can finally help you to get to the Mojave Desktop .