Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm having a hard time to get into the bios for the ga-x79s w/e5 2660, not even turns on-when it's a bout to getinto the post, just restarts- can anyone tell me what do?? Thanx a lot.:crazy:
Hi,

I have found that the wifi card that comes with the board does not work. Although some have reported the Bluetooth to work.

Unfortunately 10.8.5 had similar effects on my system.

My audio does not work, and OS X only detects the realtek Lan but does not properly connect to a network. My Front USB3 seems to work, and the rear seems inactive.

I do not know what the causes are and how to fix, so i am doing a fresh install tonight in hope of figuring how to get things working again.

Will report back as soon as i am done.

Regards
G

Hi, I'm having a hard time to get into the bios for the ga-x79s w/e5 2660, not even turns on-when it's a bout to getinto the post, just restarts- can anyone tell me what do?? Thanx a lot.:crazy:

What Bios version you running?

I don't find the E5 2660 on the CPU support list, which is weird.

Regards
G

I did not disable EIST but the machine responded so slowly that I did go back and disable it. By using the Mach_Kernel that I found on the web for Ivy Bridge, I have been able to perform the install using the -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1. That is as far as I have gotten be cause I need to copy that Mach_Kernel to the HDD now. Sorry I haven't gotten back with you but wanted to take a break from it to clear my mind.

What Bios version you running?

I don't find the E5 2660 on the CPU support list, which is weird.

Regards
G

You're right...it's not supported..and i think will never be supported on this mobo

- - - Updated - - -

I did not disable EIST but the machine responded so slowly that I did go back and disable it. By using the Mach_Kernel that I found on the web for Ivy Bridge, I have been able to perform the install using the -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1. That is as far as I have gotten be cause I need to copy that Mach_Kernel to the HDD now. Sorry I haven't gotten back with you but wanted to take a break from it to clear my mind.

Did you install voodootscsync.kext??

I've finally got OS X 10.9.1 installed on X79S-UP5-Wifi. I haven't worked with the sound or bluetooth or wireless yet but I'll get to it. For some reason the machine is in slow motion. It reads my processor as 4.3 GHz 6-Core Xeon but it's a 6 core I7. I need to figure out why the responses are so slow. It's like the entire machine is in slow motion after it loads the OS.

I've finally got OS X 10.9.1 installed on X79S-UP5-Wifi. I haven't worked with the sound or bluetooth or wireless yet but I'll get to it. For some reason the machine is in slow motion. It reads my processor as 4.3 GHz 6-Core Xeon but it's a 6 core I7. I need to figure out why the responses are so slow. It's like the entire machine is in slow motion after it loads the OS.

I have the exact same problem. Everything is in slowmotion and processor identifies as 4.3ghz 6core xeon. Got the same problem with 10.9 as 10.9.1. I'm using the custom mach kernel.

My specs are

GA up4
i7 4930k
gtx770 4GB
32GB corsair vengeance RAM

Thanks in advance!

I also have a Ivy Bridge-E system alsot identical to yours. Have you had any luck getting your system out of slow motion...I was able to do it 3 times but I have no idea what I did to get this to happen. Seemed like when I booted from my thumb drive in to my OSX ssd it worked great. Im stuck if you have it working can you fill me in?

Thanks in advance...

so i installed the GenericUSBXHCI through multibeast and the newest GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.7. the USB 3 port show up but my USB 3 drives wont mount even though they show up connected. anyone else have this problem and or maybe have a solution?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 5.01.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 5.01.25 PM.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back