Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the UP4 which is the same MB, I'm getting black screen after boot up if i use -v , if i don't use -v i get the apple logo gray screen and it stuck there....my bios is F4 ...anyone know how can i boot to the usb drive correctly ?

I have the UP4 which is the same MB, I'm getting black screen after boot up if i use -v , if i don't use -v i get the apple logo gray screen and it stuck there....my bios is F4 ...anyone know how can i boot to the usb drive correctly ?

If your want to boot into USB drive to install OSX, you will need more flags than just
Code:
-v
. try the flags i posted for BlkNwht, those should work.

If your want to boot into USB drive to install OSX, you will need more flags than just
Code:
-v
. try the flags i posted for BlkNwht, those should work.

of course i did...i just gave an example :)
Anyway, i read a lot and someone say that Ive B - E CPU's are not yet supported in OS X (is it correct?), so i change the mach_kernel with a patched one, now i dont have a black screen, the install was loading but at the end i got kernel panic . . .
will work on it...:(
if someone succeeded to install successfully with ive b-e cpu please let us know how?? :) Thanks

OK! I have managed to get to the installer with CPUS=1 and npci=0x3000, anyway I'm already after the install but having many issues...
no sound (can manage for now), system working slow...like a small delay...what are the recommended kexts and settings needed for this MOBO?

OK! I have managed to get to the installer with CPUS=1 and npci=0x3000, anyway I'm already after the install but having many issues...
no sound (can manage for now), system working slow...like a small delay...what are the recommended kexts and settings needed for this MOBO?

Regarding your sound, have you tried multibeast?
* I use Realtek with DSDT edit for ALC898, It is up to you, whether you want to use the DSDT or Non-DSDT version.
* Also as noted to me on the previous pages, you need to use npci=0x2000 instead of npci=0x3000.

Regarding your system working slow:
* If you check system info, OS X probably recognizes your CPU frequency with the lowest possible multiplier.
* In your BIOS, there is a setting under the advanced CPU settings, to disable CPU EIST, that should fix your slowness.

Recommended kexts:
* FakeSMC
* NullCPU
* Intel kext for your network card
* The 3rd party USB 3.0 kext, if you want to use it.

NB: My post above is what i think will work for your board, GA-X79-UP4, I don't have this board, so I am not able to perfectly test all this.

PS: Regardsing the Ivy Bridge E CPU's... I have heard that a patched kernal fixes this as you say. I do hope we get native support soon though, as i would like to upgrade to a 8/10 Core Xeon.

PSS: I will update the recommended kext according to Multibeast when i log into OS X later this evening.

Regards
Gaart

Thanks gaart, sadly i mess up my install again...i run multiB and probably choose a wrong kexts and my hd not boot up anymore...anyway i re-install again but now i stuck and OS is not loading...i did exactly same all over.
USB3 and CPU were fine and working good before i did not needed to any kext. i will try all over again but this is getting hard each time...

Thanks gaart, sadly i mess up my install again...i run multiB and probably choose a wrong kexts and my hd not boot up anymore...anyway i re-install again but now i stuck and OS is not loading...i did exactly same all over.
USB3 and CPU were fine and working good before i did not needed to any kext. i will try all over again but this is getting hard each time...

"now i stuck and OS is not loading..."

If you haven't figured it out, explain here, and someone should be able to assist.

need help 3930K GTX 770 & GA X79S UP5

I installed unibeast V1.4 on a USB dongle and the "chimera boot screen" looks like the tutorail pics with a USB dongle with eyes on it and the apple mac icon on the bottom of the sreen named "USB" as I named it that.

I installed unibeast V3.1 on a USB dongle and the chimera boot screen looks like a red chimera icon (not a USB dongle shaped deal) just like a tomato with eyes on it and the bottom of the screen has the apple logo with "USB" named to it as I named it that.

Neither version will boot to the apple installer

I have been reading for months and have no idea what I am doing and am ready to sell all this gear and move back to an apple.

Attempting to install Lion on the following brand new rig:

Gigabyte ga x79s UP5
2x 8GB corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM
2x 4GB corsair 1866 RAM
OCZ Vector 256 SSD
3930K CPU
EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX Coolers GPU
Corsair RM 720 PSU
Corsair H100i

at either unibeast 1.4 or 3.1 I use several different boot flags and none will get me into the OSX installer. I can only get to the white screen with grey apple and spinning thing below the apple.

The installer never comes up.

The machine needed its BIOS updated with a super duper old PCIE powered GPU installed in it BEFORE I could even get to the BIOS settings with the EVGA GTX 770 plugged in. Finding that out literally took 6 weeks of RMA's on almost every part in the entire machine , returns and reading. No joke.

The only thing I can think of is how to I force my hackintosh to boot with the GTX 770? The card is reletively newer than the MOBO although the MOBO BIOS have been updated. Others have had success with this card as well.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi Mesha
I have the UP4 mob but it's the same one as yours
I succeeded to get to the boot and install but my install working
Very slow like a slow motion , opening a folder or even mouse move is very slow
I had the same boot issues as you and finally I got a solution
There is a mach_kernel patched for ive b CPU , google it, replace it on your USB and you can boot, it's not related to your GPU, but you need to add GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot for your GPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back