i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Graphics
ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Graphics Cards x2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sorry, I didn't know what to title this question so here goes.
I disconnected power and I removed a small 120GB SSD and replaced it with a 1TB SSD. After installing, I couldn't boot the Hack.
All I got was "please restart your computer or connect boot device and press enter" (or words to that effect)
I finally got it to boot by hitting F12 and selecting the boot drive. Once I got to Clover screen, I had to enter -v
It would only boot if I put it in verbose boot mode. I fixed the boot drive in Clover configurator (I guess they got mixed up or something when I installed the new drive).
My problem now is that it will only boot if I use the F12 and select the boot drive. I no longer need -v
I have been messing with this stupid thing for hours and scouring the forums.
What did I screw up?

Cheers
J

Just for anyone who might come across this question I figured it out.
The boot order in the UEFI got messed up after I swapped out one storage SSD for a gigger one (not my boot SSD, just extra internal storage).
I disconnected all the peripherals except the BOOT drive and set that to #1 slot in the boot order.
I made sure it booted and then, after switching the PC off, reconnected all the other HDD/SSD's.
I can now boot straight to the clover screen.

BTW, i had to read the manual again, on my Gigabyte MoBo, to change the boot order all you need to do is drag the correct drive to the position you desire. Click "Save and Exit" and you're done.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back