Contribute
Register

New Software Update Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran the latest software update on my i7 machine and now when i shut down the screen shuts down but the computer doesn't power down. Any ideas on what i need to fix this?

UPDATE: I was able to apparently fix this by re-running the Custom Beast I had originally and then taking out the older Realtek driver it installed and putting the newer one that was developed to deal with the 8111 lan codec.

With the software update i also lost audio but the Custom Beast got it back.

A remaining issue is that I have a GTX 260 graphic card and after the software update, in system preferences everytime i boot it says i need to update the Cuda driver. I got the latest one from Nivideo but still everytime i boot the system preferences come up with the Cuda item chosen saying i need to update. Does anyone have any ideas on solving this one?

UPDATE 2

Interesting enough, this evening when i booted up the same system preference screen came up but instead of ghosted, the "update cuda driver" link came alive and i was able to update the Cuda driver.

10.6.5 has changed something so my computer just wakes up from sleep in every hour or so for just a couple of seconds and then goes back to sleep. Secondly Chameleon 5 boot flags for generating C and P states don't seem to function. I am pretty sure they did function back in 10.6.4.

Any glue?

10.6.5 Installed but now I cannot access any of my DOS USB storage devices. I tried installing an older IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext but no luck. Downloaded iBoot 2.5.2, reinstalled 10.6.5 Combo, but got an error indicating there was a problem installing IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext to try reinstalling. I did not reboot, ran MultiBeast and got the same error.

I then took an older IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and isntalled it with Kextbeast, and got no errors, but still cannot access my USB storage devices. Everything else USB works fine, Mouse, keyboard, USB Bluetooth!

Ive also updated to 10.6.5 zero problems.Everything (sound, usb,wifi,graphics card is working perfectly)

In the process of getting 10.6.6....

Installing updates and in the process of rebooting...

will post back in few minutes the result...

Well, Kernel mismatch :banghead: won't boot from the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back