Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte ES2L G41 Chipset Rev1.4
CPU
Intel Pentium-D
Graphics
Intel Onboard GMA 4500
Attempting a new installation of Snow Leopard on my Desktop.
Following the procedure for SnowLeopard installation, I am able to install SL without any issues. But not able to get it to boot from HardDrive post install. Tried different methods of Bootloaders. No success.
Process:
1. iBoot. Ok
2. MACOSXSL Install. Ok.
3. iBoot for first reboot Ok.
4. Upgrade to 10.6.8 - Installation Ok.
5. MacBeast (for SL), Installation Ok.
6. No boot from HDD.
7. Figured 10.6.8 not booting even thru iBoot.

So Alternative attempts with above steps, without Upgrade(no step-4), but with MacBeast install. Install is Ok.
No boot from HDD. Tried different Bootloaders. System just restarts.
Tried "-x", "PCIRootUID=1". No success either.
Tried older version of Clover bootloader <".3333" for (32 bit). No success either.

Surprise is this:
Booting thru iBoot and loading from HDD works fine.
VT-X enabled or disabled, all the above are the same. So left VT-X enabled, with alternate SATA 250GB disk has Win7.

Any hints on getting to boot from HDD will be great. Thanks.

Site is awesome with all hints and support.

The Desktop: Pentium-D 940 Dual-Core, Gigabyte ES2L Rev1.4 Motherboard, 3GB Ram, SATA 160GB HDD, IDE-DVD, Onboard Realtek Ethernet, Onboard Realtek Sound.

boot system using iBoot.
At desktop, download MultiBeast and run it, pointed at the SL drive. As one of the optional kexts you can install select NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Reboot
Boot to BIOS, verify SATA ports are configured for AHCI

Thanks GB.
But no success. I did install MultiBeast (EasyBeast option) earlier(referred to in my first post as MacBeast !).
I did install again, as suggested with "NullCPUPowerManagement". No luck.
Bios is set with ACHI. Windows / Ubuntu are booting, thru the Chimera-bootloader installed by MultiBeast.
Network/Sound is yet to be tested, but for now, they are not working. Using another system to get to downloads from this site as required.

Thanks GB.
But no success. I did install MultiBeast (EasyBeast option) earlier(referred to in my first post as MacBeast !).
I did install again, as suggested with "NullCPUPowerManagement". No luck.
Bios is set with ACHI. Windows / Ubuntu are booting, thru the Chimera-bootloader installed by MultiBeast.
Network/Sound is yet to be tested, but for now, they are not working. Using another system to get to downloads from this site as required.
With a Pentium D CPU you might not be able to get Mac OS to run at all as it was never supported in any version.

With a Pentium D CPU you might not be able to get Mac OS to run at all as it was never supported in any version.
Hi, thanks for the info.

I am able to run it (the SL installation, without the SL update). But I had to boot with iBoot cd.
If I can boot from the HDD that would have been a step forward. As it is, I can just use SL with iBoot just for the fun of it.
Thanks for all the hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back