Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-7170X-UD3
CPU
Intel Core I5 6600K
Graphics
MOBO
First time builder here with specs as outlined below. Off the bat, I will say that I have searched the posts and found what I think might be bits and pieces of the answer but I a learning the lingo and technology and not comfortable enough to just start cutting and pasting plist commands. I have an audio issue that I hope someone can help me with.

I have used Multibeast and selected ALC1150 as the audio driver to inject. I've also tried a few different combinations to no avail. Full Multibeast config is below.

I am happy to update plist or other editors to make things work.... just a little timid to go messing around and 'break' something. Thanks in advance for any help and please go easy on the noob!

MOBO: GA-Z170X-UD3
Processor: Intel i5 6600K 3.5 GHz
PSU: Corsair RM650
Drive: Samsung 500GB SSD
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GT 740 SC
Cooler: Corsair H60
Memory: 16GB Crucial Balistic Sport LT
Wireless: TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900)
MultiBeast Configuration - 2017-01-08 08:46:55
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Drivers > Graphics > Injected Nvidia Web Drivers using Xcode as editor

Thanks toleda. I did attempt to load the drivers you suggested via Multibeast. Upon reboot, there was no change in audio capabilities. Do you know if I need to 'clear' previous installations? In other works, does Multibeast just overwrite those items which are specifically called for in the install potentially leaving previous installs valid? I'm wondering if some of the other experimenting that I did with the installer may be leaving artifacts in my properties list. Or perhaps I did something else wrong. Thanks for all your help.

I followed the guide and it is now working. Thanks for creating the guide.

Any chance you could share how you managed to solve your issues? I'm in the exact same boat with the same motherboard, I installed the ALC1150 and 100 series codecs through MultiBeast but still have no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back