Contribute
Register

New Sandy Bridge build. Board opinion please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to everyone on this awesome forum site. As we all already know the ability to build a computer and the prices for modern performance have never been better. Alas, going to build a second editing machine for the company. After trying and trying with Asus it is time to go back to old faithful. GIGABYTE!

BTW, we are going to use 10.6.8 or 10.7.5

Here is a parts list so far.

Intel i5-2500K maybe a i7-2600K
Corsair 750 Watt HX PSU
Cooler Master 912HAF
16GB of 1333 RAM 2X8GB Sticks
SSD X 3 and 3 HDD

Now onto the motherboards.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
GA-Z68XP-UD3P
GA-Z68XP-UD3 or UD4
I was offered a lightly used MSI P67AG43

I am leaning toward the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, because of HD3000 for our monitors. The GPU will be exclusive to rendering which is a good idea.

By all means all opinions are welcome and desired. No wrong answers here.

Thanks to anyone up front that helps out with this build. :)

Hello-

I own this board. (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3) To be honest it works better with OS X than it is with windows. But all in all it is a good solid board. It also gives you a good upgrade path to Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.0 GPU and it has plenty of features to please. But for what your doing I recommend this board.

Good Luck Hope this helps!

-adilworth2014

Wow, this went no where fast. Maybe, I should just trust my gut and get the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board.

I will await and see if anyone has some input on what board to buy.

Sorry someone couldn't get back to you sooner, the best guys \gals that do this for nothing were probably wasting time at their jobs or doing family things. I don't have any of these boards, but i used the search function, and my less than expert opinion is there appears to be quite a few people having good luck with all the gigabyte boards.

I Think you should get the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and the i7 2600k the i7 gets great performance on mac considering it is used in the sandy bridge imac. the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 has supposedly had great success in the community i don't own this board personally but it looks like a great board.

Also i own the intel core i7 2600k and i can guarantee it works like a charm for me

Sorry someone couldn't get back to you sooner, the best guys \gals that do this for nothing were probably wasting time at their jobs or doing family things. I don't have any of these boards, but i used the search function, and my less than expert opinion is there appears to be quite a few people having good luck with all the gigabyte boards.

No, need to apologize for being busy.

Thanks to everyone. I have gone ahead with the gut instinct. Will post a build up soon or maybe not since it's popular board anyway.

No, need to apologize for being busy.

Thanks to everyone. I have gone ahead with the gut instinct. Will post a build up soon or maybe not since it's popular board anyway.

Amazing isn't it....... please post but take your time. If it goes nowhere fast we will still wait patiently. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back