Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not, I just don't understand why do I have to create the USB drive again... Anyway, too late now, as I'm in the process of creating the USB, but there's no Mavericks on the AppStore anymore, so I guess that I'll just have to put Yosemite instead, right?

No, You just need to create CLOVER USB, the FAT32 partition, is enough. The Mavericks install partition is not needed.

No, You just need to create CLOVER USB, the FAT32 partition, is enough. The Mavericks install partition is not needed.

That's the answer I was looking for! Thank you!

Later edit: I have successfully migrated to Clover UEFI! I'm attempting to upgrade to Yosemite now :)

Later edit 2: I've successfully updated to Yosemite, yay! (I don't really like it, but...).

Anyway, everything works well, I have sound, but I don't see the volume control icon on the tray area... any ideas? Thanks! (I've reinstalled all the kexts with PBI CE, repaired the permission, rebuilt the cache)

Later edit 3: Nevermind, I've found that the "Show Volume Control in tray" option was disabled on the Control Center -> Volume section. Everything is good now.

Thank you guys for everything!

Pressing the f4 key at Clover screen does not do anything for me. Some of the keys are not working on my keyboard and it looks like f4 is one of them. Is it possible to work around this?

Pressing the f4 key at Clover screen does not do anything for me.

You will not see it 'do anything'. But it does, in fact, write your native ACPI files to the EFI partition at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. The ProBook Installer uses these files to create patched versions.

Some of the keys are not working on my keyboard and it looks like f4 is one of them. Is it possible to work around this?

If you don't have F4 working at all (eg. doesn't work in Windows?), you will not be able to press F4. You could put the files in ACPI/origin manually by extracting from Linux and copying them there. But you'd have to know the correlation of Clover vs. Linux file names.

The ProBook Installer could extract native files from ioreg with 'patchmatic -extract', but I'm not sure if the Clover version of the ProBook Installer does that. You can ask nguyenmac.

Hello Rehabman:I
Just trying to learn. What are binaries for Yosemite? If this has been explained before I missed it.

Hello Rehabman:I
Just trying to learn. What are binaries for Yosemite? If this has been explained before I missed it.

Read post #1. Read the README in each repo.

Great. I do not think I will understand everything but I will give it a try. Thanks for all your work

Great. I do not think I will understand everything but I will give it a try. Thanks for all your work

What are you after anyway? You should follow the Clover guide. All the updated kexts are in the new ProBook Installer CE.

Hey NguyenMac I tried sending you a pm but I don't have enough posts to do so.

my f4 key is not working. I'm able to boot into clover from usb drive but when I try booting to Mavericks with clover, I keep getting a blank screen. I've tried all the different config files for HD4000 video but none have worked so far.

also when I change bios options to boot from uefi, clover loads even though I don't boot from USB.

is this because I'm not able to press f4 at clover screen?

your advice is greatly appreciated

Hey NguyenMac I tried sending you a pm but I don't have enough posts to do so.

my f4 key is not working. I'm able to boot into clover from usb drive but when I try booting to Mavericks with clover, I keep getting a blank screen. I've tried all the different config files for HD4000 video but none have worked so far.

also when I change bios options to boot from uefi, clover loads even though I don't boot from USB.

is this because I'm not able to press f4 at clover screen?

your advice is greatly appreciated

Use a USB keyboard to press F4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back