Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Rehabman,

I just installed Yosemite onto my Sony Vaio VPCSE2. The USB3 port does not work. I tried both the GenericUSBXHCI kext from Multibeast and the one you posted in this thread. The DSDT is the same used used in Mavericks on the same laptop, on which USB3 port worked fine. I added -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag and did not work either. Anything else I need to do? Do I need to apply those USB 7-series/8-series and USB3 Multiplex patches to DSDT?

It is a new build for a new version of OSX. It may not work 100% yet...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

It is a new build for a new version of OSX. It may not work 100% yet...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature

It is a Sony VPCSE13FXB with i5-2430M, Intel HM65 Chipset, Intel HD3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1920x1080.

The other strange thing is that the system sometimes can detect the battery and sometimes cannot without a regular pattern.

It is a Sony VPCSE13FXB with i5-2430M, Intel HM65 Chipset, Intel HD3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1920x1080.

The other strange thing is that the system sometimes can detect the battery and sometimes cannot without a regular pattern.

What is the source of your DSDT? What patches have you applied to it? Have you done a recent re-extract/re-patch?

What is the source of your DSDT? What patches have you applied to it? Have you done a recent re-extract/re-patch?

I have been using the same DSDT file used in Mavericks.

Today I created a fresh extract and re-patch it. USB3 still does not work. But battery is consistently working now. One interesting thing is after apply the Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000), the screen gets brighter. Adjusting the brightness using the Preference panel works but the result is not saved.

When applied [2.10] Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000), should [2.09] Brightness Fix be applied first?

Today I created a fresh extract and re-patch it. USB3 still does not work. But battery is consistently working now. One interesting thing is after apply the Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000), the screen gets brighter. Adjusting the brightness using the Preference panel works but the result is not saved.

When applied [2.10] Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000), should [2.09] Brightness Fix be applied first?

I removed the ACPIBacklight kext and the brightness setting is saved.

You need working NVRAM for the brightness to be saved across a reboot (if that's what you mean). I've heard that NVRAM is only working on Clover (I'm not using Chameleon/Chimera, so I cannot confirm).

No. But "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" must be done before "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

You need working NVRAM for the brightness to be saved across a reboot (if that's what you mean). I've heard that NVRAM is only working on Clover (I'm not using Chameleon/Chimera, so I cannot confirm).
No. But "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" must be done before "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

After removing ACPIBacklight kext,, brightness was saved.

USB3 port still does not work, even though the system seems be able to detect it with the right kext. See the attached screen dump

Attachments

• USB3.0.png
    USB3.0.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 179
After removing ACPIBacklight kext,, brightness was saved.

I've heard that works (Apple must save the backlight level in a different way now).

But now you're lacking full range of brightness. Better to get NVRAM working...

USB3 port still does not work, even though the system seems be able to detect it with the right kext. See the attached screen dump

No idea.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

After the re-patch of a freshly extracted DSDT, the battery status can be shown. But I got another question, would it have adverse impact on the battery itself?

The reason for me to ask this question was that after I did the above work, I could not boot the machine. I had to remove the battery and put it back again to boot the machine, which never happened on this machine before. And it happened for two consecutive shutdown and reboots. The third time was even worse, the machine will not boot with battery even after I removed it and put back in. When the power cord is connected, the battery light was flashing orange. I had to take out the battery and boot on power plugged in. The battery seems dead.

I am just curious whether it has something to do the DSDT patching or it is just coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back