Contribute
Register

New Radeon Pro WX 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Any news if this card could work with macOS? I'm looking for a new laptop and Dell 7540 can be configured with this one instead of nVidia. That could be useful to be able to use all ports on that machine!

Hello,
Any news if this card could work with macOS? I'm looking for a new laptop and Dell 7540 can be configured with this one instead of nVidia. That could be useful to be able to use all ports on that machine!

It should theoretically work. I am using 2 RX 580 cards and they work great.

Has anyone ever succeeded with the Radeon Pro WX 3200 card? I'm planning to get a Dell Precision 7740 and I don't know if I should stick to the Intel HD GFX or upgrade to the Radeon Pro WX 3200. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Has anyone ever succeeded with the Radeon Pro WX 3200 card? I'm planning to get a Dell Precision 7740 and I don't know if I should stick to the Intel HD GFX or upgrade to the Radeon Pro WX 3200. Any advice would be much appreciated.
From what i understood, there is not much chance that wx3200 works with macOS. Wx3100 was not supported and wx3200 is just a light upgrade.
It seems only cards above wx4100 are supported but it also depends of the device id used by the card. So if you go for 7740, maybe, and i insist on maybe, the wx7130 would work. But i don't know if someone tried already.

From what i understood, there is not much chance that wx3200 works with macOS. Wx3100 was not supported and wx3200 is just a light upgrade.
It seems only cards above wx4100 are supported but it also depends of the device id used by the card. So if you go for 7740, maybe, and i insist on maybe, the wx7130 would work. But i don't know if someone tried already.

Thanks for the valuable input, that's very useful.

Since I'm not a real gamer per se, would it make sense to go with the embedded GPU Intel HD GFX? Will that do for non-graphical intensive use, you reckon?

Thanks for the valuable input, that's very useful.

Since I'm not a real gamer per se, would it make sense to go with the embedded GPU Intel HD GFX? Will that do for non-graphical intensive use, you reckon?
I think so. If you just need displaying content and dont use multiple 4k/5k external monitors, you should be fine with Intel igpu. Thats the way the big majority of laptops hackintoshes are used with mojave anyway, because nvidia cards are not supported.

The WX4100 is an amazing tiny little card. They are available for under $270 on Amazon. I got very lucky and snagged one for $120. You don't get a vega, but you get a very nice (and very tiny) card for the money. Better than a RX560 IMHO because it can handle more monitors.

Curious on everyone's thoughts and opinions of this new workstation card. Around $200 and it's Polaris. Looks like something that's pretty good for Hackintosh?

@Slickademo,

I don't think the WX 3100 and WX 3200 GPU's are supported in MacOS.

Radeon Pro WX 4100 is best option if space is tight and you need a low profile GPU, its a great little GPU.

MSI make a low profile RX 560 but it's hard to find in stock and takes up more than one slot :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back