Contribute
Register

New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX - G4 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends. I have the same motherboard DH61ag but USB3 doesnt work in sierra. Do you have a proper kext, that I can use with clover? Thank you

Well this is a very busy holiday period and I am not getting much free time to noodle on problems. I did fire up my DH61AG G4 Cube hack which had El Cap 10.11.6 on it. So I made up an Sierra USB installer using the latest Unibeast and App Store DL of macOS 10.12.2 using the 'legacy mode'. I added support apps to the USB stick such as MultiBeast 9.0.1, SuperDuper!, ShowAllFiles and a few more.

I removed my existing drives and set them aside and took an 80 GB 2.5" HDD with fresh partition into dual 40 GB partitions. I used this scratch drive to do a fresh install of Sierra. (Note that I use Mavericks on my main workstation to prep the drive as I find the current Disk Utility.app being a real PITA.) I went through my usual procedure following the TonyMacX86 install process (Clover legacy mode) and installed Sierra on the first try and then cloned the install to the second partition before running the post install MultiBeast process.

At the moment, I have the G4 Cube Clover booting Sierra 10.12.2 with HD3000 running well accelerated, dual display, Ethernet, sound, restart and shutdown all working. At this point I only have USB 2.0 functionality.

As I get time I will attempt to get USB 3 working. I will share how when/if I am successful.

Good modding,
neil

Hello friends. I have the same motherboard DH61ag but USB3 doesnt work in sierra. Do you have a proper kext, that I can use with clover? Thank you

And another thing that I have noticed: WiFi does not work in Sierra 10.12.2 whereas it is OOB with El Cap 10.11.6 (my card is a BCM94322MC), And the USB3 problem has been around with this MB sense day one. I found this by re-reading this thread.

If I find a solution for either issue I will post it. Don't hold your breath as these issues may never get resolved.

Good modding,
neil

And the USB3 problem has been around with this MB sense day one. I found this by re-reading this thread.
neil

But I remeber, in mavericks (or sooner) I got superspeed USB, which is USB3, but as I can see in sierra it is broken :(
Thanks for your shared knowledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back