Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Centris, LC, Plus, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you post some details of your setup? That would help us diagnose the issue for you. My first thought would be that the board is not powered properly. What power supply are you using?

Motherboard
Osx mountain
CPU
I3 2125
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I died the dh61-ag??, I have provided an Asus P8H67-i, to decide which mb buy. I have already received the K2 cooler is perfect, does the same buzz that the original intel. I will upload pictures and video for you.
now I have asus motherboard P8H67-i with 4gb ram, kingston v200 ssd and cpu i3 2125.
you know a guide to install osx ml in this motherboard?, I can enable HD3000 here?
Muchas gracias

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Centris, LC, Plus, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Neil,

I noticed that you had a bluetooth dongle attached the the internal USB header. You didn't include it in your Bill of Materials. Are you still using it? Do you have it connected internally or to one of the "bottom ports? Which dongle is it? And does it support the Apple trackpad? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance!

chaos

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
Intel i7-7700T (TDP: 35W)
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 2GB, ITX
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Neil,

I noticed that you had a bluetooth dongle attached the the internal USB header. You didn't include it in your Bill of Materials. Are you still using it? Do you have it connected internally or to one of the "bottom ports? Which dongle is it? And does it support the Apple trackpad? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance!

chaos
Yes I am sorry that the BT dongle did not make onto the bill of material. I think in post #61 I identified it and it is shown on several photos that follow. The device that I used is a Kensington Bluetooth® USB Micro Adapter (runs about $ 20 US). I have the Apple Track Pad and Apple Wireless Keyboard paired with it now on ML 10.8.2 and it works first class. However I learned that you do need to position the device outboard as much as possible (see photo). With it pushed back nearly flush with the bottom panel, the range falls off to nothing. With it positioned as show here, my BT devices are about 8 feet from the G4 Cube and work nicely.

I made up a short USB A connector to header cable and used the single USB 2 port located next to the input power.

I will admit to not using the BT devices much as I use a 4 port K/M/DVI/USB AVOCENT switch most of the time with a standard wired keyboard and Logitech wireless mouse. I have also used my Magic Mouse with this system however I have damaged it by letting a set of batteries leak and the mess solidified ... that will be another story to see if I can get it a part and back together and have it work.

Have fun
neil

Edit: and this posting has been generated using the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Track Pad on the G4 Cube.

Motherboard
macbook
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ey, Neil. I've got the same mobo and I'm on 10.7.4. How did you update to ML 10.8.2? Just using Unibest+Multibest? Which options? Do you use a DSDT? Sorry if they are too many questions.

Thanks!!

neilhart

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 2GB, ITX
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ey, Neil. I've got the same mobo and I'm on 10.7.4. How did you update to ML 10.8.2? Just using Unibest+Multibest? Which options? Do you use a DSDT? Sorry if they are too many questions.

Thanks!!
I am using a 10.8 with a Unibeast install and then using the 10.8.2 combo updaate. With this system, I am not using a DSDT.aml file with ML. Why? As I recall when I updated and tried to use the same DSDT that I used for Lion, the system KP'd. Most everything works without one except the sleep and wake from sleep. Also the USB3 ports are problematic.

I am attaching a zipped system profile that you can see everything that is installed.

neil

Attachments

Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
core i5
Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just a little bit off topic but I don't where should I post this question.

Refer to beelzebozo post #87, I want to follow his advice install leopard on my original cube.

1. Reboot your Mac and hold down the Cmd-Opt-O-F keys until you get a white screen with black text. This is the Open Firmware prompt.
This step is fine.

2. Insert the Mac OS X Leopard Install DVD. -------------Cube ejects DL Leopard DVD.

Q. Do I need to burn Leopard DVD SL instead of DL ?.

Thanks.
Noom.

neilhart

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 2GB, ITX
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just a little bit off topic but I don't where should I post this question.

Refer to beelzebozo post #87, I want to follow his advice install leopard on my original cube.

1. Reboot your Mac and hold down the Cmd-Opt-O-F keys until you get a white screen with black text. This is the Open Firmware prompt.
This step is fine.

2. Insert the Mac OS X Leopard Install DVD. -------------Cube ejects DL Leopard DVD.

Q. Do I need to burn Leopard DVD SL instead of DL ?.

Thanks.
Noom.
I can not help you with Leopard installation. As I recall I reassembled my G4 Cube to as purchased original which had am upgrade CPU to 1.4GHZ and I coaxed Leopard onto it. And while it ran, it was so sloooow that it was of no use.

If you want to follow up with beelzebozo you could PM him.

Have fun,
neil

Motherboard
Zotac Z77-ITX
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000 + GTX 660
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Other
Yes, I tend to agree with Neil. If you do go for Leopard then max out your RAM too. Tiger though runs very nicely on a Cube....