2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellow Hackintoshers.

I have a brother who is in need of selling the EVGA Z170 Stinger motherboard and a Intel i5-6600k processor for dirt cheap ($120) and I am going to attempt a Mini-Hackintosh Build with it.

My question is has anyone else done it with this motherboard? I searched the forums but could not find any successful builds. I have only ever used Gigabyte or MSI.

I will be attempting this with the latest HS 10.13.6

The system will include:
Fractal Design Nano S
Seasonic Focus 550 Gold PSU
EVGA Z170 Stinger MB
i5-6600k CPU
Bequiet BK008 Pure Rock Slim CPU Cooler
16GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz Memory
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
MSI RX 470 Gaming X Video Card

No Wifi or BT

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I have a brother who is in need of selling the EVGA Z170 Stinger motherboard and a Intel i5-6600k processor for dirt cheap ($120) and I am going to attempt a Mini-Hackintosh Build with it.
What Buying Advice do you need ? To buy it or not ?

I searched the forums but could not find any successful builds.
If this is the case it may be an indication of how difficult the build would be.
Google Z170 Stinger hackintosh and the number of responses will also be an indication.

What Buying Advice do you need ? To buy it or not ?

Of course :)
I don't want to buy it if I am not able to get it macOS on it, I have no use for a Windows machine. :)

If this is the case it may be an indication of how difficult the build would be.
Google Z170 Stinger hackintosh and the number of responses will also be an indication.

Yeah I did this, couldn't really find anything conclusive. I was hoping I could find someone that may have done it on that particular board on TM.

I am going to give it a whirl, picking it up this morning as I am off until Monday, so I have plenty of time to reap or fail. :)

Well, it is up. Worked out pretty easy. I haven't done the 10.13.6 update yet. However everything works. iMessage, iTunes, iCloud, Audio, etc.

The SSD and memory kit I ordered won't be here until tomorrow so I temporarily installed it on a 250GB Samsung Evo and used a 8GB kit I had lying around, I will clone it when the new one gets here.

I will do a write up on what I did to get this done as soon as I get the new drive and the 10.13.6 update done this afternoon. Off to work.

about.png
icloud.png

Well, it is up. Worked out pretty easy. I haven't done the 10.13.6 update yet. However everything works. iMessage, iTunes, iCloud, Audio, etc.

The SSD and memory kit I ordered won't be here until tomorrow so I temporarily installed it on a 250GB Samsung Evo and used a 8GB kit I had lying around, I will clone it when the new one gets here.

I will do a write up on what I did to get this done as soon as I get the new drive and the 10.13.6 update done this afternoon. Off to work.

View attachment 340846 View attachment 340847

Ever get around to doing that write up? I have an evga Stinger z170 with a 6700k and 1070ti I want to try as a hackintosh build.

I have the same moherboard. Did it work?
Because i have problem, it freeze on the installer.

Yeah I got it to work. I have been working my butt off for the last 2 months and haven't had time to do the write. I will post it Sunday afternoon with my steps. It wasn't to bad, you just have to make sure your apfs.efi is in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and you have to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

I upgraded to Mojave with no issues as well.

I have the same moherboard. Did it work?
Because i have problem, it freeze on the installer.

What video card are you using? igpu or something else?

Run the installer with -v so it will show where your hanging at.

I too got one up and working....100% including audio, RX 580, IGPU and all Apple accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back