Contribute
Register

New Nvidia Web Driver 343.02.02F02 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know, I installed this and it works just fine for me at least.

GTX 980 (EVGA OC, Reference design) and Yosemite 10.10.2 using iMac system definition (did not change to Mac Pro).

I still don't have 4k 60hz support yet with the latest NVIDIA driver!! :banghead:

Quick Question:
Does anyone knows if with Clover I can have 4k 60z on 10.10.2 with my specs?

By the way here are my specs:
GTX 980
Asus Mark 1
OS X 10.10.2
I7 4790K
Mac Pro 5.1

Over HDMI or DP? I was able to get 4k 60 Hz out of the box over DP but not HDMI on my GTX 960. For HDMI I needed to patch/resign IOKit: https://code.google.com/r/douglas-mac-pixel-clock-patch/source/browse/macPixelClockPatcher.command because OS X limits the HDMI clock rate to 165.

Have just tried the update on my other hackintosh, and it is exactly the same problem!
It freeze at exactly the same place/time in the update, when the update is about to finish. :twisted:

Have tried just about all possible system definitions - all with the same miserable results.
There have not been any problems with previous updates, so have no idea what's going on this time. o_O

I have also tried to uninstall the previous nvidia driver, and then install the new version, but the same thing happens every time. I'm completely lost...

Update: I finally managed to update to latest nvidia driver. The update was actually installed, although the computer was frozen. After the update froze, I restarted the computer and I booted to my backup partition, as I did several times to restore from backup :banghead: I repaired disk permissions from Disk Utility, and I could again boot from my Yosemite drive. And guess what, 343.02.02f02 was installed. :)

Have just done the same thing on my other hackintosh, and it was the same there was needed. Both are now running the latest nvidia updates. :p

But why this update has caused so many problems for me, I would still like to know.

I still don't have 4k 60hz support yet with the latest NVIDIA driver!! :banghead:

Quick Question:
Does anyone knows if with Clover I can have 4k 60z on 10.10.2 with my specs?

By the way here are my specs:
GTX 980
Asus Mark 1
OS X 10.10.2
I7 4790K
Mac Pro 5.1

I have it, with a gigabyte gtx 970 and Mac Pro 5.1 defs.
My monitor is an asus 4k and i linked it to the hack with display port cable

I just updated this morning and it KILLED my computer. I was booting Clover from USB. So it installed to my internal Chameleon drive. Neither Clover, nor Chameleon now will boot.

Is there a way of manually replacing the new drivers with the ones from my last backup, rather than restoring the entire backup?

It looks like there are good news about 5K support with latest drivers and the use of boot argument nv_spanmodepolicy=1

http://netkas.org/?p=1378
http://barefeats.com/mpt5k.html

The argument name seems like it allows 5K support via two displayport wires, but does it also make 4K functional ?

Time machine

Sharpmusic,

If that was for me, I'm not using Time Machine.

I can boot from my back up. From there, can't I just go and replace the offending Nvidia drivers with the older ones from the backup?

I'm a really a new bee in the Hack world but, could you boot with the nv_disable=1 param ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back