Contribute
Register

new NVIDIA drivers 387.10.10.15.15.108. panic on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.
Added nv_disable on boot to boot on nvidia vesa mode, installed the latest drivers with the command line tool. Rebooted, works like a champ.

I installed the drivers, no problems during the install. I did not reboot right away, I wanted to finish something, but the computer rebooted when I opened a new tab in Firefox. After the reboot everything looks ok, no problems with the drivers so far.

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

I installed the new drivers and working perfectly. This is the best result from Geekbench I have never seen image.png

Also got a panic on restart after updating the driver from the Nvidia prompt. Booted without the web driver and tried patching with the Benjamin Dobell script https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update. It said it patched successfully but still wouldn't work.

Have now reinstalled the previous version NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg and everything is back working with full acceleration.

Thank you! FIXED!

After grinding on this all day. Zapping pram, swapping back and forth between the nvidia and an old 7950 mac edition, installing windows in boot camp to flash the GTX 980....

Re installed the offending 387.10.10.15.15.108 and before the final reboot to install checked in Security & Settings - granted the Nvidia access and rebooted. The ghosting windows and lag are gone.

Strange - got the alert that the 387.10.10.15.15.108 update was available but canceled it at the time.

Thought I'd give it a bash today using the system prefs nvidia update button and now says no update available: 387.10.10.10.40.105 (up to date).

Tried the Benjamin script too - same result. This is with a MSI GTX 1070.

Have Nvidia taken it down?

EDIT: Ah haa seems they have - See this post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back