Contribute
Register

New NUC with 8559U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello World!

Intel is putting the final touches on its new family of NUCs, codenamed "Bean Canyon," which will feature the chipmaker's 8th-generation Coffee Lake U-series processors with Iris Plus Graphics. Link; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc8i7beh.html

I am pretty sure Bluetooth and WiFi need to be replaced; on the other hand, just really wondering whether or not thunderbolt (type-c) works with hackintosh.

I also want to see your valuable opinions on this new product.

Is there anyone here willing to share something? Otherwise, i ll think the forum is dead

I'm also interested in these but am not sure how compatible they will be. Guess we will learn more when they are in the wild.

Is there anyone here willing to share something? Otherwise, i ll think the forum is dead.

At present all we can do is speculate.

The i5 8559U is used in the 13" 2018 Macbook Pro, so at least the CPU and CPU graphics should be compatible. But you might need Mojave.

At present all we can do is speculate.

The i5 8559U is used in the 13" 2018 Macbook Pro, so at least the CPU and CPU graphics should be compatible. But you might need Mojave.

I am totally sure of CPU and GPU. How about thunderbolt 3.0? The NUC uses Raven Ridge, which seems to be compatible to hackintosh.

Thunderbolt 3, SD Card reader and built-in Wifi will likely be useless, after hackintosh. A new WiFi card can be plugged in, new macbooks do not have any SD-card slot either. Actually, i can pull the trigger to buy this NUC, but i have never tried to hackintosh before. Noone has so far shared any info about 2017 NUC with thunderbolt in this site. To be frankly, we are on our own here. Sucks!

I replied it. He should follow steps. After buying wifi adapter or usb dongle, I believe it should be easy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back