Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
3x GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I installed Mac on a two Gigabyte motherboards before the new update came out for multibeast. Ever since, I can't do another install on any other computer and get iMessage or FaceTime working, I have used Clover before and love that it fixes those two problems. Just I don't like it. I am wondering if anyone has a fix for Chimera. I am aware that the reason it worked before because of a file that would be installed in /Extra/modules called FileNVRAM. Please some one help me, or tonmacx86, or MacMan, can you please fix this!!!! I love this website and all of your programs, just I don't like the new Multibeast at all.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I installed Mac on a two Gigabyte motherboards before the new update came out for multibeast. Ever since, I can't do another install on any other computer and get iMessage or FaceTime working, I have used Clover before and love that it fixes those two problems. Just I don't like it. I am wondering if anyone has a fix for Chimera. I am aware that the reason it worked before because of a file that would be installed in /Extra/modules called FileNVRAM. Please some one help me, or tonmacx86, or MacMan, can you please fix this!!!! I love this website and all of your programs, just I don't like the new Multibeast at all.

If you do a google search you will be able to find them by searching for FileNVRAM 1.1.2, its pretty easy to install then too. If you don't feel up to that then do you still have an older version of MultiBeast 5.4.2? Under Bootloaders it had the option of 'Modules', you could then select FileNVRAM 1.1.2 and run that on its own and then reboot.

Adrian B

I have, I downloaded FileNVRAM 1.1.3 the newest one available but I couldn't get it to work. I don't understand why. I followed this one post the said to add a nvram.uuid.plist to my extra folder. Then add my UUID to the file. It still didn't work. And I don't have my old 5.4.2. I wish they didn't have to remove those modules. It worked perfectly on the last board I used. And then upgraded it with the new multibeast and it worked fine. Try it on this Asus X58 Sabertooth motherboard and I can't get it to work at all. Had it working one time, but then the Ethernet went out and had (en0) on the end of it. Then I rebooted and never could fix it, even with new installs of Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Also my DSDT files just show up white, they used to show up black, like an executable file for Linux. I noticed if I download the files on windows, then put the files, on a flash drive and open them on Mac and work great. Except now it just seems broke. If there is anyway you know of fixing it and do you just copy and paste the FileNVRAM?

Description from MultiBeast 5.4.2

FileNVRAM 1.1.2 meklort's dylib for Chimera/Chameleon to emulate NVRAM. Use this version to fix the iMessage login issue only.

FileNVRAM 1.1.3 meklort's dylib for Chimera/Chameleon to emulate NVRAM. Use this version to fix the FaceTime crash issue only.

Select FileNVRAM, Archive 1.1.2 http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

:thumbup:

The author of these NVRAM modules asked Macman to remove them from MultiBeast. The easiest option was to remove the older MultiBeast versions that contained the NVRAM modules from the downloads section.

Adrian B

Sweet thank you man! I will give this a try tomorrow!

Tyler M.

I tried the 1.1.2 and I still can't get into iMessage. I don't understand, my brother in laws computer worked flawlessly, and my aunts mac works flawlessly. I don't know if I'm installing it right or not. And my Ethernet is set to (en0) but it just shows up Ethernet in Network Preferances like it is supposed to. I think I'm done with hackintosh for a little while, I have tried every possible solution and trouble shooting. Nothing seems to work. I'll wait until there is a new fix in Chimera. I hat clover and refuse to use chameleon. Do you know of any other solutions?

I just did a clean install of 10.9 today, after finally fixing all my HDMI audio problems on 10.8....I then downloaded the newest 1.1.3 iMessage fix with no iMessage :banghead: so after reading a ton of forum suggestions, and then some more, I still had no answer! BUT I finally took a simple approach to fixing my iMessage! The steps I took to get my iMessage to work(form clean install to working iMessage haha) were deleting the 1.1.3 for the iMessage fix I was told to put in the modules folder, repaired my disk permissions in disk utility, reboot, put the 1.1.2 iMessage fix in the Modules folder, repair disk permissions again in utilities, reboot for the last time...signed in on the first try and BOOM! This took me a few days to get it right, but today I just wanted to see if I did a few simple steps if I could fix my problem and it worked! I hope this helps some people out with how I did my iMessage fix. Nothing fancy, no deleting my com.apple files etc, just stuck to the 10.8 fix of 1.1.2 iMessage fix!

I tried the 1.1.2 and I still can't get into iMessage. I don't understand, my brother in laws computer worked flawlessly, and my aunts mac works flawlessly. I don't know if I'm installing it right or not. And my Ethernet is set to (en0) but it just shows up Ethernet in Network Preferances like it is supposed to. I think I'm done with hackintosh for a little while, I have tried every possible solution and trouble shooting. Nothing seems to work. I'll wait until there is a new fix in Chimera. I hat clover and refuse to use chameleon. Do you know of any other solutions?

to get iMessage working in 10.9 or 10.9.1 & 10.9.2 open chameleon wizard then update chameleon wizard then go to modules and tick FileNVRAM delete Keylayout in the extra folder then reboot now try to log into iMessage if that doesn't work then change your Apple ID password then that should fix your issue follow my iMessage fix if you like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KglpJFCywM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxTfW1vQNaelNRjldvRKwMA

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back