Contribute
Register

New MSI BIOS update breaks Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having same issue. Needed to update the BIOS on my MSI h270m Mortar Arctic, now Mojave install won't boot. Tried using install USB too and same issue. Upgraded to 7A69vB6, tried downgrading but doesn't seem to allow it.

I've tried all the various aptio memory fixes and the acpi patch above. None of them working.

That is EFI for my MSI. when I make changes or delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and DSDT, I will get freezed when booting.

Have you had any luck upgrading clover? I tried using clover configurator and I tried creating a new EFI and adding the dsdt, aptiofix and kekts. Neither worked so I had to revert to the version based on your EFI

Edit: I'm on 10.14.5

Have you had any luck upgrading clover? I tried using clover configurator and I tried creating a new EFI and adding the dsdt, aptiofix and kekts. Neither worked so I had to revert to the version based on your EFI

Edit: I'm on 10.14.5

Update to latest BIOS and try this EFI with the appropriate kexts. Though mostly just the ACPI patch is necessary.

There is basically a patch that fixes the BIOS issue with MSI boards which is referenced here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/

You will need AptioMemoryFix latest which I believe replaces all Aptio.

Update to latest BIOS and try this EFI with the appropriate kexts. Though mostly just the ACPI patch is necessary.

There is basically a patch that fixes the BIOS issue with MSI boards which is referenced here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/

You will need AptioMemoryFix latest which I believe replaces all Aptio.

Sorry that EFI is for newer 8th gen boards. Though the ACPI patch with appropriate AptioMemoryFix should work.

I tried that patch previously and it didn't work. The EFI that @artroeb linked above (with modded serial and a kext change) was the only thing that did, and still does, but that is using clover v4910.

Realise my mistake, the update added another aptiomemoryfix. Removed and is working now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back