i7 8700k
Graphics
gtx 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a working system, clover, OS X + windows on different drive.
I decided to switch motherboard. , kept everything else the same.
OSX no prob. all works well.
But now when I boot in windows 7 (ultimate), the login screen (user/passwd) my mouse/keyboard aren't responding I tried all USB ports.
The only way to get USB working at windows login screen is if I go to the BIOS and disable XHCI completely, then USB2 works and my mouse/keyboard work.
I am at lost why i can't get it to work anymore.
Do note that in OS X, everything is working well (all USB3, full speed, + USB2 etc)
any suggestions? is this a BIOS thing? or extra drivers I need to install in windows7?
Thank you!

It sounds like you're missing a driver (probably the USB 3.0 driver) for the new Mobo or Windows is expecting your old Mobo model and this is causing it not to load the correct drivers.

If you've swapped your Mobo to a different model (rather than another of the same model) then you can't just expect it to "work" without checking if you need to update the drivers and/or your configuration beforehand.

I'd advise you to try booting into safe mode (if you can) and then install the USB 3.0 drivers and any other drivers you're missing from there. If safe mode doesn't work then disable XHCI in the BIOS, boot normally, install the USB 3.0 drivers and then revert the BIOS option.

Thank you for your help, i did install the new software for the new mobo (gigabyte but different model), and thought the USB3 drivers would be included in the CD, but i guess i need to download something else.
Also, what's confusing is that i have plugged my USB keyboard into the USB 1.0/2.0 ports, which i thought USB3 driver was not needed here. That, windows 7 would have default USB drivers, which is why it is confusing.

Thank you for your help, i did install the new software for the new mobo (gigabyte but different model), and thought the USB3 drivers would be included in the CD, but i guess i need to download something else.
Also, what's confusing is that i have plugged my USB keyboard into the USB 1.0/2.0 ports, which i thought USB3 driver was not needed here. That, windows 7 would have default USB drivers, which is why it is confusing.

Hi there,

though this is not a Windows forum, please go to device manager in config screen and send us a printscreen of the usb connections. You might find the awnsers there.

GL & HF

yeah I agree and I don't want to be that guy asking for windows help.
I will run some more tests and see where this leads.
PS: when you said, config screen for USB for screenshots, which config screen? I am afraid if in windows, since usb2 is available only to be able to boot, the device manager in windows won't help, right?
maybe in clover? or OSX? not 100% which config screen you're recommending me to take.
Thanks again guys! much appreciated for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back