Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot
Worked perfectly for me! Thanks!

Where in the file do you put it? e.g. (Bottom, Top, Middle)

I decide to install nvidia drivers from nvidia site, I had everything working fine with web driver, so don't ask me why because I do not know !! :(
I am facing this problem, but I can access only the rescue mode at boot time.
clover v 2.4k rev 4444, macOS Sierra installed Sept 2018, as MacPro6.1
How can I edit the config.plist? I can mount the EFI partition in the terminal in rescue mode but do not have text editors
Any suggestions ?
thx

UPDATE:
So I fixed the issue by restoring backups from Time Machine. I do daily backups !
thx

Last edited:
I can not get my gtx 1070 running. I´m in macOS high Sierra.
I installed clover uefi + emulated nvram. I have edited config.plist to put inject Nvidia to false, and nvidiaweb to true. I have downloaded and installed nvidia web drivers for macos high Sierra 17g65. and I have not Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv.
Also, I have put lilu and whateverGreen in kexts/other.
can anybody help me?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Mine worked with latest drivers without editing config.plist file.

My specs are:
GTX960 4Gb OC, Skylake chipset, running a ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, 16Gb of RAM, 1 SSD for Windows, 1 Tb hard disk for macOs Sierra.
I have the same card? What version driver for the Nvidia? Google chromosome lagging.

Which driver depends on wich version of High Sierra you have installed. Not the numbers, 10.13.6 but the complilation.
On this site nvidia driver page is a correlation of compilation vs driver

Hello guys, seens the problem is forever. rsrs. I can't do my Graphics card to work. I mean, I have successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66).
Looking for all the forums it's very confusing because the clover changed a lot and there is new options and old options.
My GTX is Recognised and I have installer the NVidia Web Driver. But the screen is flickering. I mean, the apple login is flickering and all the apps is flickering.
At boot I have:
dart=0
nv_disable=1 ( if I remove this, it doen't boot and reboot at the middle of apple logo, can't find any detail with debug, is very fast).
- Installed Lilu and WhateverGreen.
- Enabled NvidiaWeb at System Parameters.

What more can be? Or my Graphics card is working and is another problem?

MB Asus Z97M-PLUS/BR Bios 2903 (last)
I7-4770 3.40Ghz Haswell
Chipset Z97 - Series 9
Zotac GeForce GTX 950 (Maxwell)
Audio is fine and working
LAN is fine and working

Thank you so much. Hope I can help the others too.

Marcos

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 205
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.44.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 247
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.43.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 246
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 18.25.42.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 213
Hello guys, seens the problem is forever. rsrs. I can't do my Graphics card to work. I mean, I have successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66).
Looking for all the forums it's very confusing because the clover changed a lot and there is new options and old options.
My GTX is Recognised and I have installer the NVidia Web Driver. But the screen is flickering. I mean, the apple login is flickering and all the apps is flickering.
At boot I have:
dart=0
nv_disable=1 ( if I remove this, it doen't boot and reboot at the middle of apple logo, can't find any detail with debug, is very fast).
- Installed Lilu and WhateverGreen.
- Enabled NvidiaWeb at System Parameters.

What more can be? Or my Graphics card is working and is another problem?

MB Asus Z97M-PLUS/BR Bios 2903 (last)
I7-4770 3.40Ghz Haswell
Chipset Z97 - Series 9
Zotac GeForce GTX 950 (Maxwell)
Audio is fine and working
LAN is fine and working

Thank you so much. Hope I can help the others too.

Marcos

Hi there.

Version 10.13.6 17G66 is a release that was largely missed by Nvidia web-drivers. (Though there are reports they are available, just not commonly). The easiest solution is to upgrade to one of the later High Sierra Security Updates. This will have a release number that does have a Nvidia web-driver available. See here.

:)

Hi there.

Version 10.13.6 17G66 is a release that was largely missed by Nvidia web-drivers. (Though there are reports they are available, just not commonly). The easiest solution is to upgrade to one of the later High Sierra Security Updates. This will have a release number that does have a Nvidia web-driver available. See here.

:)

@UtterDisbelief, thank you for your fast reply. It's a good suggestion. I have download the last patch that have the nvidia driver and installed ( 17G12034 ). Some 3 reboots to get all installed and then.... nothing.. :( the same.

I have tried another thing. Disabled the Zotac and enable the Intel Graphic. Disabled the Inject Nvidia, enable Inject Intel and the results are the same. I can't remove the nv_disable=1 without reboot at the starting screen.

It seens it's something more else. Have no clue.

Obs.: If it's showing the Zotac into the mac graphics info, and all the memory of the card, it's the card recognized? Or it's but not with hardware acceleration and working in VESA mode?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back