Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFixv3

I was having the same symptom as the person you were conversing with, after the upgrade to 10.13.6. This note cued me to look at the driver I was using for this. I had OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi installed. That had been auto-removed with the recent Clover update, which I manually restored per @ukulele01's now widespread instructions. However, it wasn't until I read your instruction here that it clicked in my head that it was deleted because it is deprecated - at which point I went back and read the rest of the thread ;)

After installing AptioMemoryFix, I am back in business. So, thanks!

I was having the same symptom as the person you were conversing with, after the upgrade to 10.13.6. This note cued me to look at the driver I was using for this. I had OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi installed. That had been auto-removed with the recent Clover update, which I manually restored per @ukulele01's now widespread instructions. However, it wasn't until I read your instruction here that it clicked in my head that it was deleted because it is deprecated - at which point I went back and read the rest of the thread ;)

After installing AptioMemoryFix, I am back in business. So, thanks!
hey, I have same problem you have, I'm in 10.13.6 I tried to install WebDriverNivida(387.10.10.10.40.105) but never work.
also I tried the step 6 (Problem 6) same problem, please help me :)

@ci3qt, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

hey, I have same problem you have, I'm in 10.13.6 I tried to install WebDriverNivida(387.10.10.10.40.105) but never work.
also I tried the step 6 (Problem 6) same problem, please help me :)

The screenshot in those instructions shows OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 checked. I am on Clover r4586, which seems to have stopped working well with those extensions; so removed those from my EFI partition (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI - well, more specifically I created a folder next door named drivers64UEFI_setaside in case boot failed and I needed to move them back in place), and installed AptioMemoryFix.efi from its github repository, rather than using the Clover installer: On that page, go to Releases, download AptioFix-R21-RELEASE.zip, and from its Drivers folder, copy AptioMemoryFix.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI .

I don't know of any reason to install it from Githib instead of Clover, but that is what I did.

When editing this with Plist Edit Pro I did not get it to work, when adding the text with ordinary text-editor in OSX it worked right away. Also when selecting the web-driver right in Clover Boot-menu it did work, easiest way would be if Clover just could save settings right in Clover, why bother to edit the file in OSX?

555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

I am a total noob, so my questions are very basic. (1) How do I know if my Nvidia Web Drivers are working? (2) How do use Xcode to follow the steps you listed?

After updating the Clover, I had to jump through several hoops. I noticed that the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi was deleted and I managed to get it back in via the shell. However, when I finally boot up, it wouldn't let me switch to Nvidia video card after several reboots. Does this mean I now have to delete the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and download AptioMemoryfix.efi? I am no longer able to access EFI on my main hard drive - only on the Recovery Disk. Is that normal after the update? I never experienced that before with previous updates. I am using 10.12. Thanks.

I did a clean install, then followed OP instructions and changed the code text exactly as below:

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I'm reformatted my SSD and installed High Sierra from my USB to my SSD as if it was the first time and I'm still suck in infinite reboot, I really don't know were to go from here.
I boot from Verbose and this is what it read, It's clear it's my GPU, however I don't know exactly how to solve this.

I really hope someone could help.

I have a Gigabyte GeForce 1080 DirectX 12 GPU.
IMG_7861.JPG

I'm about to give up on upgrading to High Sierra - I have done this several times on different days to no avail. I have followed the instructions to the letter. It just stop short of the last few percent of installing it and it hasn't even started rebooting. Any ideas on how I can resolve this or just go ahead and try installing mojave instead? Any advice?

Hello all,
So i put in my config my new aorus GTX 1080 TI 11Go, made all of procedure : update security , update driver to F11, and cuda 410.130, edit config.plist and put NvidiaWeb etc... . And i tested with my main app, and i see it is no faster then my last gtx 970 4Go, i see no changes. how can we be sure that the full accelleration of graphics is operational? when i open config.plist with clover configurator, in boot section i see that nvda_drv=1 is no checked, i have tu checke it even if i modified config.plist with text edit yet? Or it's my application that not take boost of the graphic card?

And in clover configurator, under graphics section there is nothing.

I instaled my built with the guide of KGP based on x99 A II and with sierra that i updated to the latest version, and it work well, but not the graphics i think.

i use clover v 2.4k rev 4289

Anybody can help me?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back