Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meaning NvidiaWeb? If so, update to the latest clover configurator and is a checkbox on Sections / System Parameters. Else edit config.plist and add it.
thanks. I was looking at boot options

Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra

"Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra"

yes there is and yes the method is posted in the forum

Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra

You should find the option under Options -> Graphics Injection

Greetings,
For an unknown reason, my 10.13.3 system decided to not boot. I plugged in my thumb drive HS install unit and got it to boot, but now the OS does not recognize the Nvidia Web Driver (387.10.10.10.25.156). I have tried several suggestions in this thread, including Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, all with negative results. I have been using a GTX 1060 card, which has been working great.

config.plist attached. I think I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.1 KB · Views: 263
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFixv3

I was having the same symptom as the person you were conversing with, after the upgrade to 10.13.6. This note cued me to look at the driver I was using for this. I had OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi installed. That had been auto-removed with the recent Clover update, which I manually restored per @ukulele01's now widespread instructions. However, it wasn't until I read your instruction here that it clicked in my head that it was deleted because it is deprecated - at which point I went back and read the rest of the thread ;)

After installing AptioMemoryFix, I am back in business. So, thanks!

I was having the same symptom as the person you were conversing with, after the upgrade to 10.13.6. This note cued me to look at the driver I was using for this. I had OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi installed. That had been auto-removed with the recent Clover update, which I manually restored per @ukulele01's now widespread instructions. However, it wasn't until I read your instruction here that it clicked in my head that it was deleted because it is deprecated - at which point I went back and read the rest of the thread ;)

After installing AptioMemoryFix, I am back in business. So, thanks!
hey, I have same problem you have, I'm in 10.13.6 I tried to install WebDriverNivida(387.10.10.10.40.105) but never work.
also I tried the step 6 (Problem 6) same problem, please help me :)

@ci3qt, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

hey, I have same problem you have, I'm in 10.13.6 I tried to install WebDriverNivida(387.10.10.10.40.105) but never work.
also I tried the step 6 (Problem 6) same problem, please help me :)

The screenshot in those instructions shows OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 checked. I am on Clover r4586, which seems to have stopped working well with those extensions; so removed those from my EFI partition (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI - well, more specifically I created a folder next door named drivers64UEFI_setaside in case boot failed and I needed to move them back in place), and installed AptioMemoryFix.efi from its github repository, rather than using the Clover installer: On that page, go to Releases, download AptioFix-R21-RELEASE.zip, and from its Drivers folder, copy AptioMemoryFix.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI .

I don't know of any reason to install it from Githib instead of Clover, but that is what I did.

When editing this with Plist Edit Pro I did not get it to work, when adding the text with ordinary text-editor in OSX it worked right away. Also when selecting the web-driver right in Clover Boot-menu it did work, easiest way would be if Clover just could save settings right in Clover, why bother to edit the file in OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back