Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the steps as mentioned in the post but when I restart the pc the screen turns off halfway through the boot, help!

Edit: nvm solved it
how did you solve it? other people might have the same issue and you could help them out!

how did you solve it? other people might have the same issue and you could help them out!
If you get a black screen during boot with a MacPro 6,1, iMac 15 or iMac 17 system defenition do a search for AGDPfix.app

Hi guys, at the end of my rope here so any and all help would be appreciated.

Running a Mac Pro Mid 2010 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB. Worked well in El Cap, but on updating to Sierra I can't get the NVIDIA web drivers to hold. Every time I restart it just reverts back to the OSX default driver.

Now Ive been wrapping my head around Clover and the steps I will need to take to have the NVIDIA drivers work correctly, but Im hitting a major roadblock. No matter what I do, I cant get the Clover bootloader to install. Have tried the latest versions as well as the 6 previous and each time it tells me it isnt compatible and when I install anyway, it fails.
http://imgur.com/a/AopFp

Everything I can find tells me I need to have Clover to get the card to work and while Ive been able to install the configurator (http://imgur.com/a/2gCUn), Im unable to see anything in the mounted EFI, I suspect because the bootloader hasnt installed.

Im running Sierra off a PCI Mounted Excelsior 256GB SSD, with 2 Sata drives connected for media etc. Its all been working fine so I really cant figure out why I keep getting the failure and am wondering if it has something to do with the Excelsior SSD that my OS is on.

Any and all clues are very very appreciated. Really dont want to have to revert back to El Cap if there is some way for me to get this damn thing working with Sierra.

Cheers
Dave

I tried this but now getting a garbled display. I know it's at desktop because if I hold power button for few seconds and press enter it shuts down as normal. My specs are Desktop 1 in my signature.

I've attached my config.plist

DSC_4650.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 218
I tried this but now getting a garbled display. I know it's at desktop because if I hold power button for few seconds and press enter it shuts down as normal. My specs are Desktop 1 in my signature.

I've attached my config.plist

View attachment 217083

I have exact same effect on my system (X99-Deluxe II/6950X/Sierra Beta) whilst on my other more 'standard' system the Nvidia driver is working fine and all is well.
Try booting with nv-disable=1 as the web driver just plain does not work. This should get you to your screen but with no acceleration...I am waiting for 10.12.1 to come out this week(?) and new nvidia driver which may fix it all (HA).
If not, then there a couple of other fixes that may help...but I am too lazy to do at this stage so I will wait a week - 10 days.

I have exact same effect on my system (X99-Deluxe II/6950X/Sierra Beta) whilst on my other more 'standard' system the Nvidia driver is working fine and all is well.
Try booting with nv-disable=1 as the web driver just plain does not work. This should get you to your screen but with no acceleration...I am waiting for 10.12.1 to come out this week(?) and new nvidia driver which may fix it all (HA).
If not, then there a couple of other fixes that may help...but I am too lazy to do at this stage so I will wait a week - 10 days.

I tried this but then I'm getting Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 0 MB in about this mac and random reboots because of this.

It's been a long night trying to get this to work.

Okay, I'm on an MSI z170 Tomahawk motherboard, 6700k, MSI GTX 980 Ti.
Have a single HDMI monitor plugged into the GFX card (also tried DVI and Display Port).
I've tried every method on this forum to get my Nvidia web drivers to work with no luck.
I've uploaded my config from my efi. I just don't know what else to try :(

Everything else is working beautifully except the Web Drivers!
HELP! :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 261
It's been a long night trying to get this to work.

Okay, I'm on an MSI z170 Tomahawk motherboard, 6700k, MSI GTX 980 Ti.
Have a single HDMI monitor plugged into the GFX card (also tried DVI and Display Port).
I've tried every method on this forum to get my Nvidia web drivers to work with no luck.
I've uploaded my config from my efi. I just don't know what else to try :(

Everything else is working beautifully except the Web Drivers!
HELP! :)

My solution on the Z170 system is to make sure post #1 is followed. The Nvidia driver should be in place (367.15.10.05f01).
After updating to 10.12.1 the driver will be disabled but still there.
My solution (and credit belongs elsewhere to another member on TonyMac86 whom I cannot remember - apologies) is to modify the S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
As this is a locked file I found the easiest solution was to copy to the Desktop, modify and then return using one of the kext utilities that will properly reset it to S/L/E.
To modify the kext file....right click on the kext>Show Package Contents. then open info.plist with Xcode (or text.app). Further open IOKitPersonalities, then open NVDAStartup and look for NVDARequiredOS. You will see the OS number for your previous OS and this needs to be replaced with the new 10.12.1 OS number 16B2553a (this can be found by clicking on the apple symbol upper left hand corner of your screen and the small splash screen will show your OS version number 10.12.1....click on that and there will come up the OS number that you will need as above).
Save and exit Xcode and then using one of the kext utilities return the modified file back to S/L/E...reboot and all should/maybe be/not at all be fully functional.
Therefore do make backups
Hopefully this helps until the new driver comes out.

My solution on the Z170 system is to make sure post #1 is followed. The Nvidia driver should be in place (367.15.10.05f01).
After updating to 10.12.1 the driver will be disabled but still there.
My solution (and credit belongs elsewhere to another member on TonyMac86 whom I cannot remember - apologies) is to modify the S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
As this is a locked file I found the easiest solution was to copy to the Desktop, modify and then return using one of the kext utilities that will properly reset it to S/L/E.
To modify the kext file....right click on the kext>Show Package Contents. then open info.plist with Xcode (or text.app). Further open IOKitPersonalities, then open NVDAStartup and look for NVDARequiredOS. You will see the OS number for your previous OS and this needs to be replaced with the new 10.12.1 OS number 16B2553a (this can be found by clicking on the apple symbol upper left hand corner of your screen and the small splash screen will show your OS version number 10.12.1....click on that and there will come up the OS number that you will need as above).
Save and exit Xcode and then using one of the kext utilities return the modified file back to S/L/E...reboot and all should/maybe be/not at all be fully functional.
Therefore do make backups
Hopefully this helps until the new driver comes out.

I was able to get it work by editing my system definitions and turn off SIP in the config ;) working great now

I just edit my config.plist but nothing good happen
I can't boot with my nviida gt 610 even before i edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back