Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no SMBIOS defined in your config, this means that previous Clover defaults to MacPro3,1. But the latest versions from 3769 defaults to iMac13,2

I guess I am a bit confused about the multiple config.plist files and what they are for, then. For my config.plist file (attached) located on my HD/EFI/Clover, it's configured as iMac 14,2.

In any case, I've updated that config.plist file to match my other one for SMBIOS, and now it appears as 14,2 in System Information (previously it was 11,3, for some reason.) However, that did not solve my problem. Drivers still refuse to load.

I'm using the clover that's in Multibeast 9.0, 3766 I think.

Edit: OK, it's detecting the graphics card now. But it says "GTX 970 0 MB," and there's no graphics acceleration now.

Edit: I restarted. Not sure what I did but it works now...lol. It still says ""0 MB" but there's definitely graphics acceleration.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Works for GTX 970m

Ok I can confirm it's the definition that was holding me back. I was using 11,2. Switched to 14,2 and kept same serial and smuuid. Booted right up.

Might work for y'all having problems too.

I confirm as well that using 12,2 on my SNB build was holding me back. I changed to 14,2 and everything is working now with NvidiaWeb

I don't understand why I never had to use the NvidiaWeb system parameter and everything still works even though I upgraded to Sierra. The old nvda_drv=1 boot argument continues to work for me through iMac14,2 and iMac17,1 system definition in Sierra.

Is using NvidiaWeb preferable to using the nvda_drv=1 boot argument?

Thanks in advance.

Does the Nvidia 1080 work with this method? I'm getting boot loops.

I don't understand why I never had to use the NvidiaWeb system parameter and everything still works even though I upgraded to Sierra. The old nvda_drv=1 boot argument continues to work for me through iMac14,2 and iMac17,1 system definition in Sierra.

Is using NvidiaWeb preferable to using the nvda_drv=1 boot argument?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Use the NvidiaWeb as per tonymacx86's sticky thread and remove the nvda_drv=1 in the config.plist's Boot Arguments section.

Clover Configurator has been updated to create the code Tony has stickied at the top of this thread, under "System Parameters."

Unfortunately, I still am getting "NO SIGNAL" just before login using the Nvidia webdrivers even after adding this to my config.plist. Triple checked that there is no other nvidia_drv=1 in there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

My friends My Vga card is Nvidia GT 610 I was installed macOS Sierra but i can't boot without nv_disable have you any solutions tell me

plz help me my friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back