Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried your config.plist its started to loop and started speed up at extreme speed fans of my graphic card.
No idea why it would do that.
may i need to do any changes to this config when it on my efi? i need to use lilu and nvidia fixup? and if yes when on kext/other or in system/extentions?
Read the advice on the developer's site(s) for guidance.

Using Clover NVidiaWeb=Yes enabled NVidia WebDriver 378.05.05.25f07 on my Thinkpad T61 (Quadro NVS 140m) running OSX Sierra. I used Flat Package Editor to modify the WebDriver Distribution file so that it would ignore the device incompatibility (MacBookPro6,1).

I am also running NVidia WebDriver 378.05.05.25f07 in OSX Sierra with my GeForce 8600GTS (Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L, CPU: Xeon E5450).

Last edited:
Been 4 days now trying all methods and options found. Updated from El Capitan where everything worked just fine. Any ideas?

Enabling NvidiaWeb = true in config.plist (attached) get's me to the black screen loop (something with gIOLockScreen).

Installed lilu, nvidiafixup kexts in /efi/clover/kexts/others. Installed nvram, fix problem 6, everything etc... What am I missing?

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P, GC: GIGABYTE GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3 128-bit

HighSierra 10.13.4 (17E202), Nvidia WebDriver-387.10.10.10.30.107

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 223
Does this option show up in Clover Configurator? I've been looking around the app and I cannot find it.

Does this option show up in Clover Configurator? I've been looking around the app and I cannot find it.

Meaning NvidiaWeb? If so, update to the latest clover configurator and is a checkbox on Sections / System Parameters. Else edit config.plist and add it.

Meaning NvidiaWeb? If so, update to the latest clover configurator and is a checkbox on Sections / System Parameters. Else edit config.plist and add it.
thanks. I was looking at boot options

Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra

"Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra"

yes there is and yes the method is posted in the forum

Hello. Is it possible to disable the Nvidia web setting while I'm at the clover boot screen? I looked around but cannot find any setting that might disable it. Thanks

PS. I'm using high Sierra

You should find the option under Options -> Graphics Injection

Greetings,
For an unknown reason, my 10.13.3 system decided to not boot. I plugged in my thumb drive HS install unit and got it to boot, but now the OS does not recognize the Nvidia Web Driver (387.10.10.10.25.156). I have tried several suggestions in this thread, including Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, all with negative results. I have been using a GTX 1060 card, which has been working great.

config.plist attached. I think I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.1 KB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back