Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am trying to build a killer setup. at work i currently use a Imac 27" specked out all the way, but it's not enough. I have frozen it editing videos. My 2013 Macbook Pro is reaching the end of it's life so it's time to build.

I edit using FCPX and also photoshop with aftereffects.

I am hoping to get a setup that will have no issues rendering 4K videos as that is my job. I also play games on my computer so it would be nice to be able to handle that also. I will also be running Parallel desktop as i have a few games that are PC only. I would like to build a very powerful computer and already have a 4k monitor. I am hoping to spend below 3500 on everything.

I have been looking on the buyer's advice but i need some more help. I would also like it to have Thunderbolt built in as i have a thunderbolt display and a thunderbolt hard drive.

I am hoping to have a 8 - 10 core processor for FCPX

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
I really love that setup but it is about double what i am hoping to spend on this. for the $10000 i could get a imac pro i'm trying to be around $5k max

Thank you
You don't have to get the 18 core i9 CPU that KGP uses. You don't have to get that expensive and labor intensive liquid cooling setup. There are many other ways to reduce the cost and still have a capable x299 system for about 5K. It should be able to outperform the base iMac Pro that costs 5K. Even if you add in the cost of your 4K monitor. Start with the i9-7900X CPU and go from there to determine the total cost of all components from the stores you will be buying from. Here's what Newegg charges:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117795&cm_re=Core_i9-7900X-_-19-117-795-_-Product

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back