Contribute
Register

New Lilu and WhateverGreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhateverGreen boot loops for me too. Reverted to NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Rocking a 1060 on 10.12

Does anyone know what to do with the "WhateverName.app"that comes with the latest version (1.2.0) of Whatevergreen?
Same question, what is the purpose of this app?
I didn't find anything on the web...

Same question, what is the purpose of this app?
I didn't find anything on the web...

I took a quick look at it a few weeks ago, it looks like it allows you to inject an alternate name for your display controller, probably only of use for AMD GPU owners who want their GPU's to be identified as Radeon.

But thats a complete guess ....

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
has anyone used Lilu,kext+WhatEverGreen.kext in dual GPU setup?
whatever i do i can not get my 3 monitors UP at the same time.
I have Radeon 270x as main GPU, which works with Lilu+WEG with dual monitors only although it has 4 connectors
so i have tried with integrated GPU Intel HD530, working either Intel or Radeon
so i have bougt a Nvidia GT710, same result, either Nvidia or Radeon

My GT710 wiht the iGPU HD530 works now as well. I get 3 monitors working.
As soon as i plug in something to the Radeon GPU, i get only 1 or 0 screens while all are detected in OS but showing black screen only.

Sure, looks like we have the exact same setup. Motherboard, processor and GPU.:thumbup:
I use my GTX 1060 in another machine. I have WG in my efi but you can delete it if you prefer.

Hey, thanks for this Kext folder as well :) I'm still a bit confused about having kexts in EFI and also in Library/Ex.. Just found I have loads of old kexts in my EFI folder which could be, I guess, causing conflicts.. are you installing in both locations when you update? Say, in the example here of WhateverGreen etc?

in clover folder you need only the basic kexts for boot - fakesmc and some networking stuff.
al the others need to be in /L/E as the boot cache is built only from the root mount
especially lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext need to go there. afaik they are useless in the clover folder anyway.
i have only 3 kexts in clover/other folder on all my builds

Thats cleared that up! Thanks!

in clover folder you need only the basic kexts for boot - fakesmc and some networking stuff.
al the others need to be in /L/E as the boot cache is built only from the root mount
especially lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext need to go there. afaik they are useless in the clover folder anyway.
i have only 3 kexts in clover/other folder on all my builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back