Contribute
Register

New Lilu and WhateverGreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact the new whatevergreen 1.2.0 is giving me a KP and instant reboot. I usually have no problems with this kext and RX 570. When i remove the kext from EFI folder computer boots normally.

*Scratch that... IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki is now intergrated in WhateverGreen so once i removed these kexts from EFI it booted normally and HDMI audio working. :D

Last edited:
As a matter of fact the new whatevergreen 1.2.0 is giving me a KP and instant reboot. I usually have no problems with this kext and RX 570. When i remove the kext from EFI folder computer boots normally.

*Scratch that... IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki is now intergrated in WhateverGreen so once i removed these kexts from EFI it booted normally and HDMI audio working. :D

Thats good to know :)

Are you able to post your EFI folder? I would like to remove/not use WhateverGreen but I always get a black screen right before the login screen.

Thanks in advance :)

Sure, looks like we have the exact same setup. Motherboard, processor and GPU.:thumbup:
I use my GTX 1060 in another machine. I have WG in my efi but you can delete it if you prefer.

Attachments

• z370.zip
    30.4 MB · Views: 1,228
Sure, looks like we have the exact same setup. Motherboard, processor and GPU.:thumbup:
I use my GTX 1060 in another machine. I have WG in my efi but you can delete it if you prefer.

Thank you so much! I'll have to play around with different kext combinations

I've been on the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC for a few days now and everything seems to be working very well.

I've been on the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC for a few days now and everything seems to be working very well.

Awesome! I'm going to give that combo a shot too! I haven't used AppleALC in very long time since I was/am able to get audio through the patched SSDT. Thanks.

I've tried the latest Lilu+Whatevergreen but get a boot to black screen. Adding NvidiaGraphicsFixup solves the problem for me. Must be some configuration on my end, I'll keep plugging away at it
(Z170+iGPU(quicksync)+GTX1080)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back