Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
GTX 960
Ever since the new MultiBeast release, I've been unable to load OS X properly. When I boot in to OS X, the loading bar will get to a little over 2/3rds or 3/4ths the way loaded then the screen will turn black and my primary monitor will say that no HDMI input was detected (both monitors are connected to my graphics card, the other being connected VIA DVI). When I boot with Verbose mode, the text just freezes instead of the monitor turning off, usually on the line that says "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, am 0x0" (sometimes at a line or a few after in which it mentions NTFS drives). I am extremely sure that this has to do with the Nvidia Web Drivers since all of my searching has lead me towards the same conclusion. This issue showed up after the most recent release of MultiBeast and since I can't finde the previous version, it has been a pain I've been trying to solve ever since. Any help would be appreciated!

My computer's components that are/might be relevant to this issue:
•Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
•Processor - Intel i5-4690K
•Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 960 SSC

Also, before anybody asks, the system definition is set to iMac14,2.

This issue showed up after the most recent release of MultiBeast and since I can't finde the previous version, it has been a pain I've been trying to solve ever since. Any help would be appreciated!
See the link to Downloads - Archive at the top of the page.

It turns out that it didn't actually fix the problem. Upon retracing my steps to figure out what I did the first time, I realized that I had a problem with the multiple monitors and it was originally outputting from my DVI monitor. I looked in to it further and found that I had to enable CSM. This changed my default monitor back from my HDMI monitor to my DVI monitor, allowing my to successfully resolve this problem.

TL;DR: It was outputting to DVI instead of HDMI while not showing anything on the DVI monitor. To solve this problem, I had to enable CSM in the BIOS/UEFI.

Last edited:
*Update* With CSM enabled, Windows, - upon being booted through Clover - has the display output break near the end of its boot process. Upon disabling CSM Windows boots normally again, but OS X has the problem with its display output again. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back