Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am using 0071BIOS and Mojave 10.14.5 and everything is working fine in addition to the shutdown problem. When I shutdown the NUC8i7BEH on macOS, the system will re-start after 1-2 seconds. I have tried the FixShutdown but it still trigger the problem (also enabled Legacy mode). I have followed the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/ to install the macOS and it seems no anywhere is wrong. Could anyone help me? Thanks!:(

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 6.39.17 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello, I am using 0071BIOS and Mojave 10.14.5 and everything is working fine in addition to the shutdown problem. When I shutdown the NUC8i7BEH on macOS, the system will re-start after 1-2 seconds. I have tried the FixShutdown but it still trigger the problem (also enabled Legacy mode). I have followed the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/ to install the macOS and it seems no anywhere is wrong. Could anyone help me? Thanks!:(
same here, no solution yet...

View attachment 417304

Hi use the post 903 on this guide:

Hi there,

I recently got a new NUC8i5BEK. The i5 CPU is not as powerful as NUC8i7BEH but the kit size is smaller and more portable than the i7 version. I installed 32GB memory and Samsung 970 EVO SSD.

Update 11/4/2018:

I was able to get my NUC8i5BEK running macOS Mojave 10.14.1 with almost none hardware issues, by following @RehabMan's guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

What is working:
  • CPU
  • NVMe M.2 SSD
  • Iris 655 Graphic with full acceleration
  • Ethernet
  • Internal Microphone
  • 3.5mm Audio Jack
  • HDMI Video/Audio
  • Thunderbolt video output (with USB-c to HDMI adapter)
  • Power Management/Shutdown/Reboot
  • Native USB3/USB2
  • Bluetooth (tested network hotspot, Apple Magic Mouse)
  • iMessage/SMS/iPhone Cellular Calls
What is not working:
  • Internal Wi-Fi
  • Continuity Handoff/Universal Clipboard with iPhone/iPad
Other:
  • Having difficulties connecting non-Apple keyboard and speakers via Bluetooth
  • Minor compatibility issues with LG 27MP33 Monitor (see page 3)
  • Thunderbolt 3 not tested

I started hackintosh on it few weeks ago, and below are what I have done so far:

What is working:
  • CPU
  • NVMe M.2 SSD
  • LAN (with IntelMausiEthernet.kext)
  • HDMI
  • USB
What is not working:
  • Iris 655 Graphics Acceleration
  • Power management
  • Audio
  • Wi-Fi/BT
  • Thunderbolt

Currently the system I'm using is macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112). I tried to install Mojave 18A391, but every time the installer UI was stuck at the second boot, saying "12 minutes remaining".

I use Lilu v1.2.7 and WhateverGreen v1.2.3 for graphic card patching. My graphic card can be correctly recognized by just setting ProductName as MacBookPro15,2 in config.plist.

The issue is that there is no graphic acceleration, and the VRAM is only shown 7 MB. I've tried multiple methods, including using latest FB-Patcher. The result is either the same 7 MB VRAM, or kernel panic.

View attachment 356565
I also looked into modifying the IGD Minimum Memory in BIOS. But for some reason, I can only see "32 MB" and "64 MB" options. I thought there were more options in the BIOS.

View attachment 356567

I attached the problem reporting files generated using gen_debug script. I'm relatively new to the community. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Justdoit,
I have also the NUC8i5BEK and ran into some issue although I strictly followed Rehabman's guide.
  • AudioJack does not work
  • NUC does not wake up from hibernation
  • NUC does not shut down completely (blue light on power button never turns off)
Following Rehabman's steps I would nevertheles share my configuration with you.
Currently my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder contains the following files:
  • VoodooHDA.kext
  • NUC8i7BEH-USB.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
Furthermore the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder contains the following files:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  • FirmwareVolume-64.efi
  • AppleImageCodec-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
  • NTFS-64.efi
  • AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
  • AppleUITheme-64.efi
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi
  • AudioDxe-64.efi
  • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • VBoxExt4-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • apfs.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
I also want to mention that I've installed macOS 10.14.6

Cheers
Poncho

A small update to my post:
If I send the NUC to sleep I am able to wake him up within 5 minutes. However it seems that it does not wake up after sending it to sleep after a longer period of time.
Cheers

Hello, I'm working for 2 weeks to run a NUC8i7BEH2 with High sierra. Unfortenable I have no Internet and no Network.
The system boot stable. with usb stick I have Bluetooth mighty mouse and a xq beat 2 running. Also I have an older Screen via HDMI running. I can run Clover configurator, but without Internet I can't work with it. Any Idea.... I have IntellMausiEthernet.kext installed and in "Systemeinstellungen Netzwerk" it shows Ethernet works.
Thanks for this web site.
Best wishes
Manfred

Hello, I'm working for 2 weeks to run a NUC8i7BEH2 with High sierra. Unfortenable I have no Internet and no Network.
The system boot stable. with usb stick I have Bluetooth mighty mouse and a xq beat 2 running. Also I have an older Screen via HDMI running. I can run Clover configurator, but without Internet I can't work with it. Any Idea.... I have IntellMausiEthernet.kext installed and in "Systemeinstellungen Netzwerk" it shows Ethernet works.
Thanks for this web site.
Best wishes
Manfred

I will save you from pulling your hair and becoming bald :banghead: Just turn on the SD Card in the BIOS (Devices -> On Board Devices -> SD Card : Read/Write) if you had disabled it :) .

I read it first here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1163347/slow-ethernet-download-18-04-1-nuc8i7beh

then also here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Inte...UC8i5BEH-Help/td-p/653641?profile.language=en

to use BT you have to boot in to windows and connect to an device. So reboot to osx and your BT is working. That is actually the only way i know. The Efi-folder is quite old. May you can test this one. There is the ID28 injected and your sound should be fine.
@Vanessag do you have solution for this? I have same problem with you. Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back