Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
So issues now :(:
My Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 Audio Interface is not working properly.
Allthough I am able to use the Audio Interface as an input (so microphones work) however not as an output (Headphones do not receive a signal from the NUC8i5BEK)
Currently I use the NUC8i7BEH-USB.kext
Anyone similiar issues?

I just realized that I might have used the wrong USB port on the NUC.
The orange one provides up to 1.5A. I guess I used the blue one. ;)
Will check that this evening.

Hi,

I am using combination of RehaGuide and any other guides.
I have NUC8i5BEK with NVME disk.
Everything works well. Audio ALC235 set at profile 28 indicate all 3 devices (yes also jack mic input), etc.
But what is not work very well is integrated graphics. All graphic settings are defined as MacBook Pro 15,2 (because iris 655) but on every monitor all graphics are so whitish, looks like over contrasted colors. Calibration doesn't help because when I connect same monitor with MacBook Pro colors are fine.
My config.plist is minimalistic.

Need to have injected Intel Graphics, without it system freezes randomly.

Any hint where should be problem with bad HDMI output calibration? Frame buffers?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.20.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.20.50.png
    53 KB · Views: 202
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.27.04.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.27.04.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 220
Good Morning.
If anyone has Mojave 10.14.3 working on a NUC8i5BEK2 could they please upload their CLOVER directory?
I am new and I have a hard time understanding everything that I decided in the thread I followed the Rehabman guide that is very good, and I have version 10.14.1 installed but the video does not play with vlc or anything, it does not restart or it shuts down, in addition to not working the audio nor the bluethoot.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-02-17 a las 10.35.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-17 a las 10.35.03.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
@pelicano67

I have NUC8i5BEK2 with macOS 10.14.3, NVME disk and 2x8GB RAM. My Clover EFI in attachment.
Clover config converts just minimal necessary ACPI DSDT properties. Others are handled by WhateverGreen based on this documentation https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is required because AppleALC doesn't work, don't know why.
RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext is neccessary only when you use USB WiFI adapter as i do. https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover

But i think HDMI output is not 100% properly configured. Maybe it is my external LCD monitor. White and brightness is highther than should be compared against mini-display-port output from macbook pro 2011 (High Sierra, 10.13)
All colors are little bit over-whited. Expert calibration helps, but not so much.

Can you write your feelings about HDMI output quality with your display monitor?

WARNING:

SMBIOS is not included, you need to add to config.plist

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 11.26.15.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 11.26.15.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 141
  • kexts-drivers-config-nuc8.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hi,

I am using combination of RehaGuide and any other guides.
I have NUC8i5BEK with NVME disk.
Everything works well. Audio ALC235 set at profile 28 indicate all 3 devices (yes also jack mic input), etc.
But what is not work very well is integrated graphics. All graphic settings are defined as MacBook Pro 15,2 (because iris 655) but on every monitor all graphics are so whitish, looks like over contrasted colors. Calibration doesn't help because when I connect same monitor with MacBook Pro colors are fine.
My config.plist is minimalistic.

Need to have injected Intel Graphics, without it system freezes randomly.

Any hint where should be problem with bad HDMI output calibration? Frame buffers?

I'm not sure if you fixed your issue, but I remember reading people were having issues with the SD card reader kext you used and video.

I'm not sure if you fixed your issue, but I remember reading people were having issues with the SD card reader kext you used and video.
Tried to remove Sinetek-rstx.kext but same results.

Has anybody gotten the Iris 655 acceleration to work?

Thanks to everyone who has made this process so easy! I've gone from a fresh, out of the box NUC8i5BEK to a (nearly) fully functional Hackintosh in just a few hours.

One thing I want to contribute is a reasonably simple fix for bluetooth not seeing any devices. The consensus online seems to be that, should this occur, you just need to boot into Windows to get the stock bluetooth card to turn on. Having gone straight from the box to macOS, that wasn't really a great option. Instead, I created a bootable Ubuntu thumb drive, rebooted, selected the "Try Ubuntu" option so it boots directly off the thumb drive, and then opened the bluetooth settings (just search "bluetooth" in the desktop search box). I could immediately see all of the discoverable devices in my area. I rebooted back into Mojave and, as luck would have it, that worked and I can now connect to most devices. I have a Xiaomi BT mouse that won't connect, but that seems to be somewhat common with non-Apple mice. I was primarily concerned with bluetooth audio, and that works fine now.

If you're unable to see any bluetooth devices, give the above a shot. It's quick, free, and doesn't take up a USB port for an external dongle. I assume I'll have to boot into Ubuntu again if the NUC ever loses power, but that's simple enough.

Can I ask if anyone is running Filevault2 on their NUC8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back