Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, problem is Mac mini 2018 have coil whine and it's very annoying to me as I work in a very quiet room.
But I will strongly consider your advice.

well, problem is Mac mini 2018 have coil whine and it's very annoying to me as I work in a very quiet room.

May be a defect. Contact Apple.

New Bios 56/51 from Intel
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126147

New Fixes/Features 56:
• Fixed the issue where an error would occur when installing VMware* ESXi versions 6.5 and 6.7.
• Enhanced Wake on Voice capability for personal assistants (Cortana, Alexa).
• Fixed issue with consumer infrared functionality.
• Added Energy Star logo to Mini PC SKUs.
• Updated processor support.
• Updated CMOS battery warning string.
• Updated Digital Microphone ID for ITK.

New Fixes/Features 51:
• Fixed issue where the startup sound causes error in Device Manager.
• Updated Intel® ME firmware to version 1128. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
• Updated PMC firmware to version 1019.
• Updated EC firmware to version 3.20 to fix LED behavior issue.
• Updated processor support.
• Fixed issue where remove storage password causes drive to disappear from boot manager.
• Updated watchdog event to be triggered by recovery.

Update to version 56 yesterday, everything works perfectly

Updated to 10.14.2 combo update everything works perfectly

Capture d’écran 2018-12-08 à 23.12.58.png

If anyone has Mojave 10.4.2 working on a NUC8i5BEK could they please upload their CLOVER directory? I've tried following Rehabman's guide including post install steps but I just get a reboot loop. When I boot using the install USB it works but with no accelerated graphics. I'm on a fresh install now following Rehabman's guide but am yet to do the post install steps.

I've tried using Vanessag's CLOVER.zip copied into SSD/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and it boots with accelerated graphics but I have no en0 ethernet.

Nevermind, I followed Rehabman's Guide from start to finish to the letter. It worked like a charm on my NUC8i5BEK.

Just wanted to say that after doing what highvoltage12v mentioned regarding Thunderbolt 3, I got a Caldigit TS3 Thunderbolt 3 dock to work with audio, Displayport and the integrated USB hub on my NUC8i5BEK. Other than that: fantastic guides and very helpful thread. Thanks a lot for all your effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back