Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a normal boot.
Keep in mind if you have a 4k display, you will need to use -cdfon and perhaps may be required to use the USB-C connector (as it is DP instead of HDMI).
You can always try an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) in case of display issues.
Also, remember that booting the installer from USB is not quick... so give it plenty of time.

I have a 1080p here.

I don't think there is any issue with usb speed as it boots with @Vannessg clover
with your clover, it crashes when I arrive at the country selection

I am even more desperate if you even have no more option

thanks for trying anyway

the biggest differnt is the dsdt i belive. So try and add for a test. Its not recommend and i am also just testing some things. so try it with this dsdt

EDIT: in my case the _CRS settings run into trouble. So i delete them from the dsdt. And however it works for testing.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-28 um 23.39.58.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-28 um 23.39.58.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I have a 1080p here.

I don't think there is any issue with usb speed as it boots with @Vannessg clover
with your clover, it crashes when I arrive at the country selection

I am even more desperate if you even have no more option

thanks for trying anyway

Remove unneeded kexts. Keep in mind that an .efi file is not a kext (kexts end in .kext).

For the installer, you only need:
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.49.52 AM.png

And even Lilu/WhateverGreen you don't need if you use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Hi RehabMan,

MultiBeast 11 is out. Do you suggest we use UniBeast and MultiBeast for NUC8 or use your guide?

I don't use Multibeast.

Remove unneeded kexts. Keep in mind that an .efi file is not a kext (kexts end in .kext).

For the installer, you only need:
View attachment 368806

And even Lilu/WhateverGreen you don't need if you use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Removing unneeded kexts didn't help
but then changing ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 and deleting Whatevergreen and Lilu fixed the crash
thank you a lot

Do you want to investigate this issue and try to fix it?
I have a reapeatable bug on a platform which will be transfered to its final owner at Christmas
I would be happy to support and test submitted files

Removing unneeded kexts didn't help
but then changing ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 and deleting Whatevergreen and Lilu fixed the crash
thank you a lot

Do you want to investigate this issue and try to fix it?
I have a reapeatable bug on a platform which will be transfered to its final owner at Christmas
I would be happy to support and test submitted files

You need to complete post-install steps.
If you have an issue, you must attach PR files as requested in the guide.
Please reply in the guide thread, not here.

Hi all,
I was able to get my RX580/Akito Node GPU to work with the NUC8i7, there are a few caveats to this though, mainly booting blindly. So here's what has to be done. First change your NUC to enable legacy boot. Then under Devices/Video tab change IGD Primary Video Port to 'Thunderbolt' IGD Secondary Video Port to 'HDMI'. Go to the Security tab and change Thunderbolt security to legacy. If I left the NUC in UEFI mode It would boot through thunderbolt with video and go to a blank screen even with WhateverGreen/Lilu installed. Booting Blindly was the only way I had success with thunderbolt booting. Of course with the EGPU unplugged we have normal output with HDMI. Sleep/wake works without issue.

Attachments

• LWScreenShot 2018-12-01 at 8.52.41 PM.png
    LWScreenShot 2018-12-01 at 8.52.41 PM.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 9.24.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 9.24.15 PM.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 201
Setup a new NUC8I5BEH with 16gb Ram, Samsung 970 NVME.

Firstly thanks for the amazing guides. To RehabMan is certainly right when it comes down to, just follow the guide.

Few challenges I had, which might help others:
- Mid-Install at the User Setup section, I had an issue with a reboot loop, solved by using RehabMan's use of SSDT_CFLALT.aml didn't try the
- Post install, lots of graphical artefacts solved when I updated the SMBIOS to the new Mac Mini, initially this put me back into a reboot loop, until I cleared the Cache.

Running a few more tests today, currently need to resolve:

- Audio

In short, thanks, awesome guides.

Attachments

• NUC8i5 - Mac Mini.png
    NUC8i5 - Mac Mini.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 233
Hello, I didn't read the 14 pages as I bought a Mac mini 2018 but I might send it back and get this NUC8i7BEH Hackintosh.
So what is not working with it nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back