Bios configuration:
Internal graphics --> Enabled
Init Display First --> IGFX

org.chamaleon.Boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I think this way yo can connect up to 6 displays.

Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

0D260007 -x not work DP in the properties indicates two monitors
0D260000 work HDMI
0D220003 work DP and HDMI

MacMan,

Thanks for all your work! I would not have been able to build my G5's without the utilities and advice found here.

Would it be possible to create a chart for HD 4600 like the one for HD 4000 below? That way users would have some idea of what works and doesn't before they experiment. It would also indicate what BIOS changes were necessary for that mode to work. In my case the default value for HD 4600 works fine on my Haswell G5, but I had to switch to 01620005 on my Ivy Bridge G5 before I could successfully switch screen resolutions on the fly. Without this chart I would never have figured it out.

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 1.58.28 PM.png

Tom

Hmmm, this is strange. Regardless of which device-id I try and use for my HD4000 it always shows up in"About this Mac" as 01660009. Another weird thing is even with GraphicsEnabler=No and
IGPEnabler=No, my HD4000 is still recognized as
01660009 with full QE/CI. Any ideas whats going on?

I am seeing the same behaviour on a UP5-TH. Anyone else?

I am seeing the same behaviour on a UP5-TH. Anyone else?

Same here...

Can't set ID to 000A, neither via IGPEnabler + IGPlatformID=0166000A at boot nor via DSDT patched with Pjalm's AIO+HD4000.

System information always shows 0166 & 0009... :banghead:

The device ID of my Gigabyte GA-Z77-WiFi with Core i7 3770S is 01620009 which isn't listed here. So I don't have QE/CI, but this is also a 10.6.8 system with 10.8 kernel.

I have a problem with this enabler. Everything seems to be working fine, system boots, goes through the loading screens. Then the screen flashes and the apple logo on gray background appears. It's the moment where the logo should move upwards and user selection should appear. Instead the screen goes black and some gray pattern is displayed in the upper left corner (it looks like gray text with gray background). Mouse cursor is visible and I can move the mouse, but the display hangs. Any idea what could be wrong?

My specs are: GA Z77-D3H, Core i5 3470 (Intel HD 2500), Mountain Lion 10.8.4

I should mention wildwillow's build tip in order to make both cards work:

Bios configuration:
Internal graphics --> Enabled
Init Display First --> IGFX

org.chamaleon.Boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I think this way yo can connect up to 6 displays.

I did it and my OSX does not see hd4000 card only Gtx670. Using Ud5h board. What could be wrong ?

Maybe I am missing something (being a noob and all), but where are you looking to get the port configuration number (is that the "revision ID" listed under the card in System Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back