Contribute
Register

Successful installation of Sierra - i5 7600/gigabyte z270x-ud3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my congif list and all my efi folders.. Everything is working and if you want all your jacks to work change your settings here.

The EFI folder in the link below includes the same config.plist as attached to the thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m71jbnfrovpzty/EFI.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• tmp_11866-config2113234166.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 232
  • tmp_11866-20170423_2153002084065273.jpg
    tmp_11866-20170423_2153002084065273.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 242
Follow the all the instructions on that site. You will need to increase the port limit and add XHCI-200-series-injector.kexttto the "other folder".

Just added XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to the other folder in Clover and now everything works 100%
Thanks for your time!

Hey mate, Thanks for sharing. My config is z270x-UD3 with i7-7700K and GTX 1070 SC 8gb. Everything seems to be working fine but Usb hard drives are not mounting in OS :( USB Drives mount but not the Mass storage Drives. Copied your EFI but still no luck. Are you experiencing the same issue? In BIOS Legacy USB is Enabled as well as Mass Storage Recognition... Thanks for your time.

Hey mate, Thanks for sharing. My config is z270x-UD3 with i7-7700K and GTX 1070 SC 8gb. Everything seems to be working fine but Usb hard drives are not mounting in OS :( USB Drives mount but not the Mass storage Drives. Copied your EFI but still no luck. Are you experiencing the same issue? In BIOS Legacy USB is Enabled as well as Mass Storage Recognition... Thanks for your time.

Make sure you bios is set as followed:

BIOS Configurations

To enter BIOS first, you should turn on your computer when the Gigabyte Screen appears press Delete Button simultaneously. When you get into the BIOS make changes in the settings that shown below.

Step 1= Load Optimised Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab

Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI

Step 3= Peripherals Tab

Initial Display Output = IGFX
XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)

Step 4= Chipset Tab

VT-D = Disabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M

Step 5= Save and Exit

Also make sure all your kext files are in the right folder.

Let me know if that works.

Last edited:
Make sure you bios is set as followed:

BIOS Configurations

To enter BIOS first, you should turn on your computer when the Gigabyte Screen appears press Delete Button simultaneously. When you get into the BIOS make changes in the settings that shown below.

Step 1= Load Optimised Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab

Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI

Step 3= Peripherals Tab

Initial Display Output = IGFX
XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)

Step 4= Chipset Tab

VT-D = Disabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M

Step 5= Save and Exit

Also make sure all your kext files are in the right folder.

Let me know if that works.
Thanks,
BIOS was not an issue. Managed to get USB 3 Drives mounting after following the guide for USB in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/. Also Audio worked flawlessly.

Can confirm my configuration:
Motherboard: z270x-UD3
CPU: i7 7700K running at 4.6Ghz
GPU: EVGA 1070 SC 8Gb running LG Curved monitor 34UC98-W at full resolution (3440x1440) full acc.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit

Everything works perfectly: Shutdowns, Sleep, Deep sleep, USB, Audio, Ethernet etc...
Startup is a bit slow, but loads fine.

Now need to figure out how to get CORSAIR FORCE MP500 SERIES NVMe PCIe M.2 120GB to work as a boot drive.

Thanks @liquidsilver88

Thanks,
BIOS was not an issue. Managed to get USB 3 Drives mounting after following the guide for USB in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/. Also Audio worked flawlessly.

Can confirm my configuration:
Motherboard: z270x-UD3
CPU: i7 7700K running at 4.6Ghz
GPU: EVGA 1070 SC 8Gb running LG Curved monitor 34UC98-W at full resolution (3440x1440) full acc.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit

Everything works perfectly: Shutdowns, Sleep, Deep sleep, USB, Audio, Ethernet etc...
Startup is a bit slow, but loads fine.

Now need to figure out how to get CORSAIR FORCE MP500 SERIES NVMe PCIe M.2 120GB to work as a boot drive.

Thanks @liquidsilver88

Glad To hear it bro. What Did you do wrong that kept it from working?

Yea, if the computer I was setting up was mine, I would have tried to trouble shoot the slowness on boot up. I already have my buddy his finished hackintosh. He loves it!

I'll finish this guide soon. I've been crazy busy and haven't gotten to completing it.

Thanks for the wonderful guild. I am using the same EFI as u attatched but got the error:
Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3zbetbEIYeUTThnOGk5RTdDYW8

I tried to clean Kext cache but no luck, and I don't even see com.apple.xbs folder under /System/Library/Caches at all...

My Specs:
i7 7700k
GA Z270 gaming 5
DDR4 2400 32G
OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA SSD
LG 4k monitor + 1080p dual mon

Thanks for the wonderful guild. I am using the same EFI as u attatched but got the error:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3zbetbEIYeUTThnOGk5RTdDYW8

I tried to clean Kext cache but no luck, and I don't even see com.apple.xbs folder under /System/Library/Caches at all...

My Specs:
i7 7700k
GA Z270 gaming 5
DDR4 2400 32G
OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA SSD
LG 4k monitor + 1080p dual mon

Now that I think about it.. maybe copying the whole folder over isn't a good idea because different people could have different things attached to their board (I'll change the guide later today). What I would suggest is try going back to your original files and just copy over the kext and the config file. See if that fixes it.

I am using the same EFI as u attatched but got the error:
Most of the time this error is caused by abuse/overuse of config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back