Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z270x-ud3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
Onboard
Guide to installing Sierra on a Gigabyte z270x-ud3 with everything working and the on-board video

This guide will walk you through the complete setup, using my whole efi folder/setup with kext in the right places and the fixed config.plist. I'll explain how to dump everything in the right spot if you don't feel like messing with the clover configurator and kext files.

**If you don't want to use my setup you can use the these 2 websites to follow their instructions. I used both sites and setting to get everything working. Site 1 Site 2

1. Create your Sierra installation USB drive with this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

2. Collect the "MacOS editing programs/files": Clover configurator, my files/setup, Multibeast

3. Bios settings (press delete on boot screen for bios):

Step 1= Load Optimized Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab

Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
Step 3= Peripherals Tab
Initial Display Output = IGFX
XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
Step 4= Chipset Tab
VT-D = Disabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M
Step 5= Save and Exit

4. Press F12 to get into your boot selection screen and select your "UEFI" USB Drive (not the regular version of the drive).
5. You will need to make adjustments at clover boot screen before trying to install MacOS by using cursor arrows on your keyboard to scroll down to "options" button:
Set: boot argument = cpus=1
ACPI patching = under DSDT settings uncheck everything except USB fix.
Binaries: set fakeCPUID = 0x0506E3 (You will need to do this step every time you reboot or until you save these settings in the config file)​

6. Select the "external" option to start installing Sierra and follow the prompts to install.

7. Once install is complete you will need to reboot your computer, then Press F12 to get into your boot selection screen and select your "UEFI" Hard Drive that you installed the OS on (not the regular version of the drive).

8. You will need to make adjustments at clover boot screen before trying to install MacOS by using cursor arrows to scroll down to "options" button:
Set: boot argument: cpus=1
ACPI patching: under DSDT settings uncheck everything except USB fix.
Binaries: set fakeCPUID: 0x0506E3​

9. You will be on the last step of the installation. The system will have you setup your username name, password, keyboard type, and time zone.

10. Drop all of your "MacOS editing programs" from step 2 into a new folder your desktop Install.

11. Open Multibeast - click the "Quick Start" tab then select "UEFI Boot Mode" and then click the "Build" tab then select "Install".

12. Open Clover Bootloader from the fold with the "MacOS editing programs" in it

13. Go through the options until you get to the the "Installation Type" section and then select "Customize"
Expand Driver64UEFI -> tick "EmuVariableuefi-64" & "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64"
Tick "Install RC Scripts on the target volume"
Last Click Install.

14. Open Clover Configurator then mount EFI Partition for your Sierra Drive.

15. Unzip my EFI.zip file, navigate to the kexts folder (EFI > Clover > Kexts folder).

16. Drag my kexts folder into your open EFI partition/Clover folder so that it replaces my kexts folder with yours.

17. Last replace my config.plist with yours.

18. Reboot and Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was able to install Sierra on the 260gig Solid State, however I'm not able to install windows 10 on the same drive so I can do a dual boot. I've tried to do this 4 different times.

I first tired installing Sierra first on the MAC partitioned hard drive (partitioned in half using fat32 for the windows partition and Journaled for the other). Sierra installed just fine, however I couldn't get Windows to install on the second partition. It would give me an error (Code: 0xC000005).

Second time I tried installing windows first and then partitioned the drive in half and then used dparted live to make the second partition HSF+ and then tried installing Sierra on it. It didn't work. It gave me an error.

The third and 4 times I tried installing Sierra first and used dparted live to partition the drive as unallocated and fat32. I received the same 0xC0000005 error.

@liquidsilver88, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).

There are some excellent guides (Single drives or separate drives) in the Multi Booting section.

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

I've tried 2 different threads and had no luck. I also tried a few YouTube videos. I'm at a loss right now because I don't know how to get both systems on one solid state. I promised my friend I could do it and I believe I'll have to go back to him and tell him that he is stuck with one or the other. LOL.

I followed the steps in Guide: MultiBooting UEFI and got the error 0xC0000005 when trying to install windows 10. I guess I'll just post in that thread and ask for help. Once I get it all figured out I'll create a thread with all the steps I took to get them all installed.

I've tried 2 different threads and had no luck. I also tried a few YouTube videos. I'm at a loss right now because I don't know how to get both systems on one solid state. I promised my friend I could do it and I believe I'll have to go back to him and tell him that he is stuck with one or the other. LOL.

It's much easier with two seperate disks. Then all you have to worry about is bios fluctuations or resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back