Contribute
Register

New Install works well! Checklist of issues? One problem (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-D3SH F8
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
560ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone! First time poster. I built my system last night and installed mountain lion very easily. No hiccups :headbang:. See specs below.

I have full audio, video, and network. Diablo 3 runs great! Sleep seems to work, however when i left it on overnight the screen was black and covered with small red and white squares when I woke it in the morning. (i think this might have to do with powering down the HDDs when not in use? or maybe a video driver issue?)

Anyway I guess my main question is if there is a checklist of common issues that we can go down and trouble shoot. I realize the list may be different for each hardware combination but I think a master list would be very useful for checking for all issues with new installs. Let me know!

Also, if anyone has a better idea about the black screen with small red and white squares please let me know!

Specs:

• GA Z77 D3SH Rev(1.0) F8
  • i5 3570K w/ fancy Zalman HSF :)
  • EVGA 560ti
  • 16gb corsair vengence,
  • Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD
  • 2x 1GB 7200 rpm SATA Seagate drives (in disk utility mirrored RAID)
  • Toshiba Write Master DVD-RW
  • Mountain Lion (installed w/ newest multibeast and chimera as of 9/5/12)

Thanks guys. Looks like an unsolvable problem for now. I had that crash the first night but it has never happened since. Hopefully it is a rare occurrence.

System is still running like a champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back