Contribute
Register

New install working but very strange issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I used the latest boot CD provided on this site for a P55a-UD3.
I followed the new multi-beast setup process and used easybeast, apple combo update, then easybeast 10.6.2 update.

After booting clean I went back to multi-beast and picked specific drivers and DSDT for the motherboard. I attempted to switch to boot to 64bit.

With the 64bit boot option the system panics (using i7 860 series CPU).

I switched back to 32bit option.

I am now able to boot with one caveat. I am not sure if this has always been the case but when I attempt to eject the bootable disk from the DVD drive (the tonyma-x86 disk), the system halts and displays a page in multiple languages telling me to turn off the system.

I have tried to pull the disk out prior to powering the machine. When the Disk is out, the system starts to boot from disk and during the apple grey screen boot image, the same message appears telling me to turn off the power and restart.

If the DVD is inserted everything works fine (still only 32bit) but seems to work perfectly.

I searched and could not find an instance of this situation. My assumption is that I made some installation mistake and some critical file is referenced on the mount point of the DVD/ROM vs. on the system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Are you on the latest bios? Also sounds like a wrong file or something- attach your extra folder and Ill have a look!

Here you go. Currently set for 32bit so I can boot.

Bios is F6, latest I could find.

Attachments

• Extra copy.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
mrizzo123 said:
Here you go. Currently set for 32bit so I can boot.

Bios is F6, latest I could find.

Ok- try this. Replace everything you have in /Extra with this. No need to rebuild caches- I did it. It's what I would do with your setup. Good luck- :)

Attachments

• EFI-Complete-GA-P55A-UD3.zip
    397.7 KB · Views: 62
I deleted the files and replaced with the data in the zip you provided.

Now the system panics regardless of the DVD inserted or not.

I booted with -v and saw that the halt is on the AppleHDADriver..

Attached is a section of the screen with the panic info.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response!

Mark

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 118
am now able to boot with one caveat. I am not sure if this has always been the case but when I attempt to eject the bootable disk from the DVD drive (the tonyma-x86 disk), the system halts and displays a page in multiple languages telling me to turn off the system.

On which port have you plugged the DVD drive into?
.... switch it to Sata 0 or Sata 1 not in the GSata ports is the first thing that comes to mind.

Yes, I do have the DVD on the GSATA interface.

I will try this.

I believe the other panic after installing the Extra data provided by tony was due to permission problem. I re-ran repair permissions and rebuild cache and I can now boot fine as long as I leave the tonymacx86-iBoot in the DVD drive...

I will report if moving the DVD drive from the GSATA port fixes this.

Thanks for the help.

mark

ninetto said:
am now able to boot with one caveat. I am not sure if this has always been the case but when I attempt to eject the bootable disk from the DVD drive (the tonyma-x86 disk), the system halts and displays a page in multiple languages telling me to turn off the system.

On which port have you plugged the DVD drive into?
.... switch it to Sata 0 or Sata 1 not in the GSata ports is the first thing that comes to mind.

Looks like this fixed it! Thanks to all who helped. Up and running!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back